Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm having a really hard time staying focused, and to be honest, caring much about anything. So far in school, my grades have been great. Last semester was my first one not on the Deans list (my 7th semester). But midterms are right now, it's my last semester (of classes), and I frankly don't really care how I do. I can't stay focused trying to study, and I just want to get the semester over with. I have no motivation to go out and actually get the internship I need to graduate. I get upset that I feel this way, but I just don't feel like doing anything. This isn't me. I've worked so hard to keep my GPA up, but I just don't feel like putting in the effort right now. I even have tears running down my face right now. I don't know what to do anymore!

by on Feb. 26, 2013 at 1:01 AM
Replies (11-15):
teal.blaze
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 2:45 PM

I've never had a problem with it before, and I'm 23. It's a recent thing. I'm having trouble sleeping at night as well. I talked to my therapist, and she seems to think that it could just be my body's reaction to the stressors in my life. She's supposed to email me a bunch of stress reduction techniques.

Quoting childofGod995:

could you possibly also be adhd.

childofGod995
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:48 AM

If you would like a website for stress, i just got one the other day; http://www.unnecessarystress.com/. hopefully it will help you. i have not checked it all out yet , but i need to.

teal.blaze
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:34 AM

Thank you!

Quoting childofGod995:

If you would like a website for stress, i just got one the other day; http://www.unnecessarystress.com/. hopefully it will help you. i have not checked it all out yet , but i need to.

childofGod995
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:00 AM

you are very welcome.good

ChgIsGood2012
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I don't know for sure, but sometimes, we have to just lose focus to re-focus. You'll get through school. But it's ok to not be on the Dean's list (congrats to you though ms lady for getting this far and doing so well!) You are still doing good. School is no easy feat - AND you have a husband AND children. You have like responsibility x 10! LOL

Just do your best in school, and where you fall short, you'll be fine. ((hugs)).

And enjoy the little special moments in life, like a breath of fresh air

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)