Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Hi...I'm New

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
  • 17 Replies

Hi! My name is Haley and I have 3 kids, a daughter who will be 13 next month, and 2 sons, a 9 year old and 15 month old.  I have battled mild depression off and on since I started having children...or maybe I did have it as a young child and going through my teen years into adulthood.  ANyways, it's manageable and I actually don't rely on medicine...I have accepted that my personality tends to be more somber at times and I use exercise and just trying to look on the bright side to help.  I have taken medicine in the past but I don't like the side effects.  I am glad I have found a place to talk about my feelings :)

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:53 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! I have 3 who are 4, 6, and 7 and have been with and without medication. Good to know you!

Bella14308
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome! i have 3 girls ages 10, 8, & 23 months. glad your here
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Abacogal
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:57 AM
1 mom liked this
Hello, I have an 18 yr old son and a 8 yr old daughter.They are what keeps me from giving up. I am on medicine for depression,it helps me sleep.Have a nice day!
Babybutton2000
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:58 AM

Nice to know you too!  and wow, ages 4, 6 and 7!!!  I waited a lot between mine...I can't imagine having them so close together but then again, it must be nice for them.

Babybutton2000
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:00 AM

Abacogal, you have a span between your kids as I do.  I liked the idea of enjoying them through their toddler years, one at a time.  The medicine helped me sleep too...I tended to sleep too much back then.  I will say though that I struggle with sleeping now more than i used to and I'm not taking any medicine.  

lostmommy326
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:01 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome to the group!!!"
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
bahamamama61
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 11:47 AM
1 mom liked this
Welcome:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

Welcome! Its good to find things other than meds to help.  I am still currently on meds but am coming off all of them with the help of my doc.  Feel free to share your feelings any time

deltathree
by Gold Member on Feb. 27, 2013 at 12:03 PM
1 mom liked this

HI & welcome! :)

nai_ryoku
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Hi and welcome! I'm Jen. Married 11 yrs and have 3 kids: 7, 5, and 2. I was diagnosed having bipolar 2 over 2 yrs ago and discovered through therapy, I've actually had it since I was little but it had gotten much worse when I got pregnant w/ my 3rd child. I have to be on meds to manage mine. That's wonderful that you can do things to help yourself to be med free.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)