Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Hi! My name is Haley and I have 3 kids, a daughter who will be 13 next month, and 2 sons, a 9 year old and 15 month old.  I have battled mild depression off and on since I started having children...or maybe I did have it as a young child and going through my teen years into adulthood.  ANyways, it's manageable and I actually don't rely on medicine...I have accepted that my personality tends to be more somber at times and I use exercise and just trying to look on the bright side to help.  I have taken medicine in the past but I don't like the side effects.  I am glad I have found a place to talk about my feelings :)

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 10:29 AM
Replies (11-17):
naynay76
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 7:59 AM
1 mom liked this

hi haley welcome to the group I also suffer from depression and have for as long as i can remember this group really helps me i hope it does you also.i don't post a lot but i read everyday

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 8:10 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome.  This is a nice group to see how other people handle their depression. For me it's good to know that other people do feel the same as me.  I think I have more social anxiety & mild depression.  One of these days I'll go see a professional & really fess up to it & maybe get something better than my own self help.  Hope you like it, it's probably my favorite group here on cm.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:30 AM
1 mom liked this

Welcome. I am new here too. My name is Brittany I have 2 kids. a 6 year old daughter and a 3/12 month old son. Nice to meet you

akimana
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Your warm welcome 

Babybutton2000
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:28 PM
I really don't know what lays ahead but for now, managing it without medicine is working. I constantly have to change my mindset, to think of positive things and to realize being sad at times is a part of life. Billionclicks.org is a great site for getting one to focus on blessings
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Babybutton2000
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:30 PM
I think....I know I suffer from social anxiety which doesn't help. I have been called reclusive. I can go days without seeing anyone other than my husband and kids, and I am terrible with answering the phone. Its like I want to be left alone but then I feel left out too and I hate it. But I don't know how to fix it.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Tameez
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:32 PM
2 moms liked this

Welcome Haley.... glad to meet ya

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)