Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I just want it to go away

Posted by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
  • 2 Replies

I just had my second dd, 2 weeks ago today. I am just miserable. I am super anxious every time she cries, I have no motivation to do anything, I can't sleep even when I try...I love my daughter so much but I want to either fast forward a few months or go back to my life before. I feel like a terrible parent for even thinking that :/ I so feel so overwhelmed and anxious and alone. I just want the feeling to go away and to be back to my normal, happy, active self.

I miss the time I spent with my 2.5yr old so much and feel so guilty for taking that away from her, even though I know a sibling IS and WILL be a wonderful gift for her. My 2 week old is a fussy baby that is only happy when held (aka asleep). I wear her in wrap but just feel
"trapped." It's nearly maddening.

I am taking zoloft that my OB prescribed at my last appointment, it has been a week. Hoping it works soon to just make me not so anxious and miserable :(

by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
Tracys2
by on Feb. 27, 2013 at 3:44 PM

This i sabout when anti-depressants can start to kick in- after the first week or 2.

If it doesn't start helping by week 4, call and they can switch or up your dosage.

Everyone has these feelings. Don't let them bring you down.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:52 AM

I would also try seeing a therapist.  They can help you cope with having a new baby and teach you skills that will help you feel better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)