Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Feel so alone!:/

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
  • 17 Replies

My boyfriend is working all the time,and we only have one car so I am always stuck in the house with my son. I don't mind taking care of my son all day but I just get so lonely. I barely ever get to see the few friends I do have and I can't really make new friends because I never leave the house. I just wish I had someone else to talk to besides my kids and boyfriend. Don't get me wrong I love my family to death but it just gets really old sometimes and I feel like thats when my depression kicks into high gear the most. :/ I just don't know what to do sometimes:/

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
akimana
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Come on here 

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:44 PM
1 mom liked this

is there anyway he can watch the kids when he gets home and give you the car in the evenings or on weekends? you def. need some free time.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:47 PM

Can you invite a mom or two over who have some kids close to yours in age?  For me play dates are definitely work before hand, but worth it for the interaction w/ other moms.  Maybe getting out of the house in the evening might be good idea too.  I've been meaning to get out after hubs gets home & go to a zumba class.  Music & moving around puts me in a better mood.

evelyngayle
by Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 4:56 PM

I can totally understand because when I am bored, I am depressed. Maybe you can take some of these Moms advice.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 6:13 PM

Here if want to talk...

ChgIsGood2012
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:29 PM

I understand..

How old is your son?

by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:57 AM

I've found that doing something messy with my son (finger painting, eating pudding, splashing in the tub) makes me laugh and instead of feeling overwhelmed from just taking care of his needs then sitting and being bored, I actually throw myself into our activities and forget that he isn't old enough to talk a lot yet. I completely understand what you mean. I promise you'll figure something out girl :D

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:12 AM

I've been there. One car and hubby working all day. That's when I tell him I have to have some adult interaction and he will watch the kids for me while I go for a visit to one of my friends' house! It feels good to be able to talk to someone you don't normally get to very much :)

T_Poehner
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 8:33 AM

I'm in the same boat you are that's why I joined cafe mom yesterday. I'm having a hard time coping with being ho,e all day with just my daughters and I feel as though he does not quite understand but we have decided I will take him to work a couple days a week is that an option for you?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:18 AM

can you get out of the house for a little while when he gets home from work?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)