Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My boyfriend is working all the time,and we only have one car so I am always stuck in the house with my son. I don't mind taking care of my son all day but I just get so lonely. I barely ever get to see the few friends I do have and I can't really make new friends because I never leave the house. I just wish I had someone else to talk to besides my kids and boyfriend. Don't get me wrong I love my family to death but it just gets really old sometimes and I feel like thats when my depression kicks into high gear the most. :/ I just don't know what to do sometimes:/

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:38 AM
Replies (11-17):
pookie.bear2009
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:35 AM

I am the same way, but the sad thing is when I do have a way to get out of the house I dont "feel" like going. know what I mean? Like I have my mil to babysit my kids for me this weekend so I can go out with some people from hubby's work. I told him I feel awkward and dont want to go. Im sorry mama.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:35 AM

Can you share the car?  I get lonely too, I am at home all day with my son.  He is 2.5 yrs old.  We have fun going to playgroups together.

ninascorpio
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:57 AM

I know that feeling, I used to drop my BF off to work at 5am in order to get the car for the day. 13 Hours later, pick him up. Felt good to go to the mall during the day and window shop or go to library story time readings. My daughter is just a baby (3 months) but, you can never start reading too early. I'm headed back to work this coming week and now wish I could stay home. Go Figure! Is there public transportation where you are? I know it sounds daunting but getting out the house is a rewarding experience and is 2 fold when all the people who look at your baby rave about how adorable your lil one is.

proudmommy690
Moving...Hate moving! But can't wait to!!
Yesterday at 3:26 PM
by Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:58 AM

Aww :( I know the feeling girl. We have df's friend staying with us (he got kicked out) so when he's here it seems like df and him always stay outside, i shouldn't have to be outside to be with df.

hugs.

Babybutton2000
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:52 PM
We were a one car household for over 10 years and there were days when it was hard. I would usually take the car one evening a week and get out by myself. Walking with the kids helps pass time too, even if it is difficult, it is doing something. I think winter is the hardest because you are stuck indoors. Do you live near a park?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ochoa.mama
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 3:03 AM

what about making friends in your area? is there a park you can walk to, something close by, library, anything? If so try connecting with some other moms. make play dates...break that ice.

KamisMommysGirl
by on Mar. 2, 2013 at 9:04 AM

hes 4 months

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

I understand..

How old is your son?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)