Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Doctors apt today

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
  • 11 Replies
Why do I feel panicked, it going to help and I know that it will. But I am scared I will freeze up and not be able to talk to him.. This will be my second going back on the meds, I've trying to work on it without meds but now I am not able to manage it.. My dd's need their mom and I need me better.. Wish me luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 9:45 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 11:06 AM
1 mom liked this

Good luck! Tell the doc exactly how you are feeling, they are there to help.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

good luck and try not to worry. you will do fine.

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:46 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck mama! Dont be afraid to talk to your dr. My old therapist used to tell me that therapists have heard it all, theres nothing you can say that will shock them.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
redneckmama2
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 1:54 PM
1 mom liked this

I used to be terrified to talk to doctors about my problems, whether physical or mental. I was always embarassed and terrified they would make fun of me or tell me I am a liar or something. Last summer I started having panic attacks and I was so terrified I was going to die that I told them everything and there was no judgement. The psychiatrist actually said it is quite common to be afraid to tell your doctor something personal, especially if it is a new doctor you have not dealt with before. Point is I learned that no matter how embarassing it may seem the doctors are there to help you and not judge you. Good luck mama 

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 2:02 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck!  It's not so bad- I did it myeslf a couple months ago. If you think you might freeze up, you can write a summary down and read it or hand it to them. Sometimes even just rehearsing things will help.

Momchambers
by New Member on Feb. 28, 2013 at 3:41 PM
Thank you everyone, we are all going to make it in this crazy world, and it's beyond amazing to have the support of u lady's, it really does mean a lot
BambiEyes26
by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:49 PM
1 mom liked this

Good luck. Make sure you tell him everything you feel. Things will get better, take care.

Momchambers
by New Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:30 AM
1 mom liked this
Well it was hard but I answered everything he asked and told him what it was like and how I felt. I am starting meds tomorrow. And I am going to go to counseling again(it's all we have here).. Thanks again
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 7:13 AM
1 mom liked this

Congrats! It's one of the hardest things we can do, and it took a lot of strength to do it. Best of luck on your healing journey.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:15 AM

all you have to do is tell your doctor exactly how you feel and he should be able to help. i have been having sleeping problems and i know i need to get on meds but the groggy feeling the next day i do not like. without meds when you need them is very difficult especially if it is for depression or anxiety. I wish you the best of luck and keep us informed of how things went. I have a glucose test next month and am also worried how that is going to go. worrying is not going to help so i just give it to God.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)