Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

A Meds Post

Posted by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
  • 17 Replies

Ok, planning to keep this short.

So I finally ordered the Lexapro and Trazodone after 2 weeks or so of holding onto the prescriptions; I started the trazodone 2 nights ago and the Lexapro yesterday. And I feel more anxious than I did before I started taking them.

I think I shouldve stuck to my guns - I don't want to depend on meds. The Lexapro had me lethargic and just feeling real 'ugh', so I didn't take it today.

While the Trazodone helped me to sleep (I had been sleeping good for the last couple of weeks, so it really wans't necessary), I woke up with a heavy head.

Today, I went on my 15 min break, and I picked up a package of alka selzer, and put it in my pocket. I thought I picked up one, but realized I picked up 2, then when I got to my desk, realized I had 3 of them in my pocket...confusion, one of the side effects of those meds.

When I bend down and come up, I feel like my blood is rushing, and I come up very slow and cautiously...

I prefer to just go to therapy, get my pain out, and let my therapist watch me cry until I feel better. I don't want to be on this meds, they scare me.

Anyone else been through changes with meds? What did you do? Did you continue the med? Did you switch? Did you just stop taking them alltogether?

by on Feb. 28, 2013 at 10:28 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 5:51 AM

the trazadone will make you feel the way you described. i take lexapro and dont have any side effects. if you dont need the trzadone for sleep, i would ask my dr if i could come off of it and see how you do. you could always take the lexapro at night so it doesnt make you feel groggy during the day.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 1, 2013 at 10:25 AM

those are the reasons I'm leary of taking meds, I don't want to be confused or sick feeling. Talk to your doctor, but maybe it just takes a while for the meds to regulate in your system?

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 11:42 AM

Talk to your doc.  I would try to come off the trazodone if you don't need it.  For me it caused nothing but severe nightmares at night.

I have been on all meds, med changes, various cocktails etc. I am currently coming off all my meds.  Seroquel is the hardest though and I am weaning off that very slowly.  The klonopin and pristiq I stopped taking pretty much cold turkey because I got very sick from the pristiq and klonopin was just a crutch and making me dependent on taking it.  I am very spacey but overall feeling better that I am coming off all this crap.

ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

the trazadone will make you feel the way you described. i take lexapro and dont have any side effects. if you dont need the trzadone for sleep, i would ask my dr if i could come off of it and see how you do. you could always take the lexapro at night so it doesnt make you feel groggy during the day.

Thanks. And what sucks is I took the Trazodone before with no problems, but I guess with that plus Lexapro plus Ferralet (iron pill) plus Spironolactone (facial hair inhibitor, lawd!!), I'm just all icky. I stopped taking both meds as of wednesday. It's just too much. I think I have more of a spiritual battle then a mental one. I could be wrong, but I'd rather just do therapy. That confused feeling is not cool. And God allowed me to sleep peacefully last night without the trazodone and I woke up feeling a little better (still foggy, but not heavy headed like I was the last two nights). I'll keep you all posted

ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:39 PM

Quoting matreshka:

Talk to your doc.  I would try to come off the trazodone if you don't need it.  For me it caused nothing but severe nightmares at night.

I have been on all meds, med changes, various cocktails etc. I am currently coming off all my meds.  Seroquel is the hardest though and I am weaning off that very slowly.  The klonopin and pristiq I stopped taking pretty much cold turkey because I got very sick from the pristiq and klonopin was just a crutch and making me dependent on taking it.  I am very spacey but overall feeling better that I am coming off all this crap.

Thanks. And what sucks is I took the Trazodone before with no problems, but I guess with that plus Lexapro plus Ferralet (iron pill) plus Spironolactone (facial hair inhibitor, lawd!!), I'm just all icky. I stopped taking both meds as of wednesday. It's just too much. I think I have more of a spiritual battle then a mental one. I could be wrong, but I'd rather just do therapy. That confused feeling is not cool. And God allowed me to sleep peacefully last night without the trazodone and I woke up feeling a little better (still foggy, but not heavy headed like I was the last two nights). I'll keep you all posted

ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 1:41 PM

Quoting leahbeah143:

those are the reasons I'm leary of taking meds, I don't want to be confused or sick feeling. Talk to your doctor, but maybe it just takes a while for the meds to regulate in your system?

it might be that it takes time, i thought about that too.  I read the side effects and I know the things take time, but just like i couldn't do no more than 2 days of zoloft (that was worse), I feel like this with this mixture. i may just say no to meds, and talk to my therapist. If he won't help me sans meds, then I'll find someone else. The Lord has brought me this far, so He'll keep me going. I believe in meds when needed. i needed them back in 2011 when I was feeling sucidial and couldn't think straight. i was on them for a month and I needed them, then. But now, I just don't feel that way, and I am open to them, but not because people tell me I need them to function. I don't agree....

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:13 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its fine to try a non-med route.  I've had issues where a med that worked before gave me horrible side effects when I tried  it again too.  I tolerated lithium fine as a teenager but tried it again this summer and got complex migraines. I honestly think I am at my most stable when doing things like individual and group therapy but no meds. 

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

Quoting matreshka:

Izsarejman
by Kim on Mar. 1, 2013 at 3:28 PM
1 mom liked this

You know your body. I personally got tired of the side effects of any antidepressant or when they pooped out after a few years and then having a new one. I weaned myself off of the Lexapro I was taking and it's been 6 months since I have taken anything except for a little xanax as needed and that isn't often. I haven't had any episodes of depression to where I was worried. Meds just aren't for everyone and we all react different to them. Once you get them out of your system you might feel better. I know I do. 

ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:54 PM

Quoting Izsarejman:

You know your body. I personally got tired of the side effects of any antidepressant or when they pooped out after a few years and then having a new one. I weaned myself off of the Lexapro I was taking and it's been 6 months since I have taken anything except for a little xanax as needed and that isn't often. I haven't had any episodes of depression to where I was worried. Meds just aren't for everyone and we all react different to them. Once you get them out of your system you might feel better. I know I do. 

Thanks. I didn't take them long, so that's good, I already felt better this morning and will wait for the rest of it to pass...thx

ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 1, 2013 at 4:55 PM

Quoting matreshka:

I think its fine to try a non-med route.  I've had issues where a med that worked before gave me horrible side effects when I tried  it again too.  I tolerated lithium fine as a teenager but tried it again this summer and got complex migraines. I honestly think I am at my most stable when doing things like individual and group therapy but no meds. 

Quoting ChgIsGood2012:

Quoting matreshka:

I like group therapy. When I was hospitalized in 2011, I did that, and it was helpful....thx for your responses, they have helped a lot :-)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)