Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i feel so

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 3 Replies
self centered! i have 3 kids ages 6y 3y and 8 months. i feel like instead of me meeting their needs, they meet mine. i know thats not healthy and i want to change it but dont know how. im going to get into counseling but i worry i wont be totally open and honest for fear of losing my kids. do you ladies have any advice for me?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 4, 2013 at 10:51 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:00 PM

You need to heal you. Otherwise, you get into stress and guilt, and that just makes eveything worse.

If you can take medication, it might jump-start things, and of course counselling is a great step. I think counsellors can not take kids unless you show you are a danger to them or yourself. I went to counselling and apart from "are you a danger to yourself o others?" question, they never had any concern.

Hope it really helps! Kids, especially 5 and under-ish, are very demanding, and having 3 little ones can be really hard on you. Also, very socially-isolating for many of us. And evenj if you see people, you can't really talk. You need to keep yourself as healthy as possible with time "off", friends, exercise, etc. (Mine are now 7, 6 and 4, so I know what I'm talking about!). Hugs!

Momchambers
by New Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 2:03 PM
Yes I know too it hard and I have three 6,4,19mo and their father works away 6 weeks out 8-11days home.. It's so hard to do anything somedays but I just am trying to get by and take one day at a time, if u wanna talk msg me
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 4, 2013 at 7:14 PM
Try to talk to the therapist about how to have an identity away from the kids. Maybe getting involved in some hobbies or something and having some free time to yourself. I know its hard with kids.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)