Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

depression , anxiety and the continuous changing of medications

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
  • 9 Replies

I have had depression and other disorders since i was a child. i am presently 58 years old. I have taken so many medications i can not even remember them all. at one time i was on effexor but had to stop taking it because once i moved the insurance i had did not allow that or would not pay for that. i have now been on paroxetine for about 3 or 4 years and my memory is getting worse. has anyone experienced loss of memory with this drug and if so what did you do. i am going today to get my meds changed.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:17 AM

i havent taken that drug but i do have a problem with my memory i attribute to the klonopin i take. i dont like not being able to remember things but my anxiety is so bad i have to take something.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:43 AM
I have experienced memory loss on several meds. Mostly anti-psychotics, benzodiazipines, and snri's like effexor cymbalta and pristiq. For me I am coming off all meds. I don't want my.memory problems to be permanent.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:49 AM

good luck! I hope you can find something that works for you

deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:59 AM

Side effects suck - so sorry - hugs. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

good luck! I hope you can find something that works for you

childofGod995
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 2:17 PM

i have had the experience of having to tell my doctor what to give me or else he gives me something to strong or gives me a wrong diagnosis and worries me to death. i would like to be without these meds except my anxiety and anger can get pretty bad and i do not want that to happen.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 3:10 PM

Have you worked on coping skills for anxiety and anger?  It takes a lot of consistent practice but its well worth it. I deal with both and what helps is to distract myself doing something with my hands for anxiety, and with anger, I just have to walk away no matter how much I feel like getting into it.

Quoting childofGod995:

i have had the experience of having to tell my doctor what to give me or else he gives me something to strong or gives me a wrong diagnosis and worries me to death. i would like to be without these meds except my anxiety and anger can get pretty bad and i do not want that to happen.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:58 PM

I have done cbt and dbt and coping skills and yes they all work. to keep my hands occupied i crochet. my anger is better but my anxiety needs working on. i am going to try this generic form of effexor my doctor prescribed me today and see how it goes.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:09 AM

I have memory loss as a result of having bipolar 2 and all my meds have memory loss as a side effect so I just try to trudge through life the best I can w/ a crappy memory :)

childofGod995
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 8:47 AM
2 moms liked this

there are always ways to deal with anxiety with out using meds like learning how to deal with stress.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)