Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Whats wrong with me?

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM
  • 6 Replies
Hi, Im Adrienne and Im depressed..I think..what are the signs and symtoms...is it moodiness, lack of caring, more eatting,less participation with family..could it be the chage of life or the simple fact that I cant find a job..

Help..no pills please
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 6:35 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:11 PM

if you dont want pills i would suggest you see a therapist to help you cope with some of these issues.

PeaceChild
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:12 PM
1 mom liked this

Depression can present itself as any or all of these things...have you talked to a professional about the way you are feeling? Is this something new to you, or have you felt this way for a long time? What about a family history of depression? These are just a few things to consider..hope this is helpful to you as you start to uncover the reasons for your unpleasant situation.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:01 AM

*hugs*

those can definitely be symptoms of depression, but I would reccomend seeing your doctor or getting a therapist.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I agree with other replies. Seeing someone might get you going in the right direction. I have my reasons for not wanting pills also. For me exercise is very helpful. It forces me outdoors & gives me a sence of accomplishment for my day. Reading things on line helps too. Also forcing myself to do things that I don't really feel like doing seems to help a bit too. Hope you find the strength to start taking some steps to fix this. Good luck.

jdy9440
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:36 AM
Hi Adrienne, nice to meet you. Your symptoms can be some signs of depressing, and the stress of not being able to find a job could be part of it. I know stress makes mine worse. Hope life gets better for you soon.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:39 AM

Like the other posters all said those do sound like signs of depression.  A therapist would be able to diagnose you and help you learn some coping skills. 

It's even harder when looking for a job.  That is extremely stressful and demoralizing.  I was watching the news the other day and they were saying that on average in the US there are only 3 hires for every 300 resumes.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN