Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm lonely and have no friends

Posted by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
  • 21 Replies

I have no friends and I feel so alone. I think posting on here will make me feel better but usually i don't. Most of the time i try to post things here or on other boards and barely anybody even answers. So I guess I'm alone here too. I'm so tired of being alone in real life. I'm tired of coming home and it just being me and my dd. She's a teen and she doesn't want to spend time with me, or listen to me talk about my day. So I have nobody to talk to, nobody to hang out with, nobody who really cares. I hate, hate, hate being alone.

by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 7:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
prego_jessi
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:04 PM
I know how you feel! I have no friends either! It's just me and my dd. she's 2 but it sucks being alone! If you need some one to talk to and you text, you could talk anytime
Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:07 PM
2 moms liked this

Well, I'm reading your post, as are others...in a spirtual sense, you are not alone, as God is with you always(not trying to preach here, just want to help put things in perspective).  Do you work? What about outside interests like library, church, sporting events, volunteering, hobbies, etc?

pce68
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:15 PM

i work but I don't get to spend much time with anyone there. I clean houses so I see the other people for a few minutes in the morning and then I'm off to go to the houses, and then I am usually working alone.

I also go to church, though I'm not feeling very spiritual lately. There are people there who would say they are my "friends" and that they care about me, but they don't act like it. They never want to spend any time with me. They rarely talk to me. Plus some of them seem like rich snobs to me. They don't think they are snobby but sometimes i do. everyone there is married and rich, well not filthy rich but pretty well off compared to me. I can't vent to them about the stresses of my day. They wouldn't be able to relate. If I vent about not having enough money, or similar stresses that i experience frequently, they think they have to fix me. they start telling me I need to budget better and if i just did this or that, everything would be fine. And they are sooooo wrong. it's not that simple and usually i'm just venting, not looking for solutions.

Quoting Anonymous:

Well, I'm reading your post, as are others...in a spirtual sense, you are not alone, as God is with you always(not trying to preach here, just want to help put things in perspective).  Do you work? What about outside interests like library, church, sporting events, volunteering, hobbies, etc?

PeaceChild
by Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 8:42 PM

What about parents of your daughter's friends? Have you invited anyone at church to get together with you? I know what you mean about some people being snobby, acting like they have a bunch of money compared to you, etc...that is all so superficial and really not worth the time. Maybe explore your interests and see if you can get together with someone who shares the same? Or have someone work directly with you on cleaning houses now and then? Maybe sell/hold a cleaning products or some other product party at your home to not only supplement your income, but have guests over?  

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:13 PM

Yup, can't help you because I'm right there. Pretty much 1 facebook friend still talking to me, nobody in RL but my kids and while they're sweet, they're not the same as friends.

Depression does cause problems with this, but I don't know why or how to fix it. It's eally amusing how people are willing to be nice to me but start asking them to hang out and they run screaming. Sigh.

Bella14308
by on Mar. 5, 2013 at 10:20 PM
I know how you feel. my kids keep me busy all day but once thsy go to bed thats it. i lay here browsing posts on cm and checking fb. no one to hang out with or even text
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 5, 2013 at 11:48 PM

*hugs*

I don't have a lot of friends in real life either. The girl I'm closest to at work knows nothing about anxiety/depression, so I can't really talk to her when I'm freaking out or feeling down. And my dd is 13, so she only wants to hang out with me when it's on her terms. My bff since jr high lives an hour away and is trying to focus on fixing her marriage, so I don't talk to her much anymore. I can relate

Anonymous
by Anonymous on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:00 AM
I know it sucks. I'm home alone all day while the kids are in school and my husband's at work. I deal with pain and of course because of it I'm depressed. You can only clean so much. I have no friends. I have family but they work the late shift and I don't see them much. So it's me and it stinks. So I think we should all get together and hang out!!!!!!!
nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:18 AM

I would say change churches if you can't find real friends there where you attend. The bible says the mark of a Christian is love and if you're not getting that there, I'd move on. I had been stuck at home for over a month due to the flu and when I went back, it was great getting welcome back hugs from others. I'm a stay at home mom and it's hard when you can't get much adult interaction as I spend most of the day talking to my 2 yr old and then the other 2 come home from school and it's time for helping w/ homework and breaking up fights! Lol

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:26 AM
1 mom liked this

I hear ya. Another loner here. I guess ya gotta find people who at least have some common thing you enjoy.  My town has two garden clubs, I belong to one of them. The times that group gives me the most joy has been when I'm more involved. Yeah they always want you to pick up some task & do some volunteer work, but once I'm actually doing it I find I enjoy it. They are nice ladies different ages & financial situations. Yeah some of the ladies are wealthy but they seem to set that aside for their love of gardening.  I just found out about a hiking group my area & got to go snowshoeing with them. It was fun I got to meet some new people, but I didn't really click with anybody in particular. Nobody asked for my email & I wasn't bold enough to offer it up. Self Esteem issues kicked in. I think getting out of he house is key, to meeting people. I linked an article in some else's post about how to make friends.  Similar type post as yours. If a neighbor called to just go for a walk, I'd be so flattered & sprint over to meet her. I wouldn't care if she worked fast food or whatever her job was, as long as she could talk about something I'd be happy.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)