Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

sad and feel helpless

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:41 AM
  • 6 Replies
I am upset about my daughter she has found a wonderful man that wants to marry her. She was engaged but now is running backwards not ready to loose her independence she said what ????? Oh my gosh she has a thirteen yr old son that is best friends with this mans son what is wrong ???
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:41 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 7:45 AM

I think that's normal, especially if she's been in bad realtionships before.  Talk to her, being married shouldn't be about losing your independence.  See why she thinks that way and tell her that its normal to be nervous before getting married.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 9:37 AM

is it just a case of cold feet? I'm terrified of getting married again, too. Especially after being on my own with my daughter for so long, it's hard to involve somebody else in the finances and decision making.

gbender0207
by on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:04 PM

I'm more depressed and so upset with myself now. My daughter died of enlarged heart due to congenital aortic bycuspid valve I blame myself I could not see the signs in a nurse !!!!!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 5, 2014 at 6:54 PM
Oh wow, I'm so sorry for your loss. It's not your fault

Quoting gbender0207:

I'm more depressed and so upset with myself now. My daughter died of enlarged heart due to congenital aortic bycuspid valve I blame myself I could not see the signs in a nurse !!!!!

lucy164
by Peggy on Apr. 6, 2014 at 8:54 AM
1 mom liked this

An enlarged heat cannot possibly be your fault.  I am very sorry for your loss.  My first baby had multiple birth defects of her heart.  At first I blamed myself but now I don't because there was nothing I could have done to prevent this and neither could you have done anything to cause your daughter's death.  ( hugs )

leila11
by Member on Apr. 7, 2014 at 2:10 PM
That doesn't ran u aren't a great nurse.thats life xx sorry love

Quoting gbender0207:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN