Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

How do you fix a stressful situation?

Posted by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
  • 6 Replies

My major stressor is having to drive DH to work and anywhere else he needs or wants to go because his license is suspended due to not paying excise tax before we were married. 

That was 3 years ago and I have done everything short of going to the town he owes the tax to and just paying it myself.  I obviously can't go and get his license back for him he has to do it himself.

There is alot of built up resentment on my part.  I had to drive myself to the hospital when I was in labor with my son.  I drive him to work everyday and pick him up and I am ALWAYS on time.

I can't do it anymore.  I take LO to playgroups, have doc appts and errands I need to run with the car.

He will not move on getting his licesne back because he doesnt like to drive.  Ugh.

He does not pick up after himself and when I had a panic attack today because the house is a disaster and I don't know where to start cleaning he just told me to go back on klonopin.  Klonopin is not going to fix these problems.

I just don't know what to do anymore.

by on Mar. 6, 2013 at 12:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:00 PM

stop driving him to all but work. sooner or later he is going to get tired of not going anywhere. everything he leaves laying around put it in a garbage bag and sit it by the trash.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:21 PM

I did try to talk to him again about the driving.  With the house, part of my panic today was that I am leaving his crap untouched and its taken over the house.  Literally.  He collects stuff, he doesn't throw stuff out unless its actual garbage.

He's going to get his dad to drive him home today.  I've been through various stages of not driving him places.  it's to the point the only place I want to drive him is to the registry to get this all cleared up.

Quoting lyrick24:

stop driving him to all but work. sooner or later he is going to get tired of not going anywhere. everything he leaves laying around put it in a garbage bag and sit it by the trash.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:23 PM

I don't *like* driving either but we do what we have to do, right?

It sounds like he's being extremely childish, and he needs a swift kick in the butt!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 1:29 PM

He is wicked immature.  He doesn't get it and that's the infuriating part of it.  I would NEVER do this to him.

Quoting leahbeah143:

I don't *like* driving either but we do what we have to do, right?

It sounds like he's being extremely childish, and he needs a swift kick in the butt!

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:10 PM

Hugs. This is a terrible situation for you. You need to talk to your therapist and see what she says.  I go through the samething at times and don't handle it well.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 6, 2013 at 2:25 PM

Maybe he needs counselling about driving, or the 2 of you together?

I wish there were a good solution, but if there is, I can't see it right now.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)