Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Journaling?

Posted by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM
  • 16 Replies

Does anyone find that journaling helps? Is it a good avenue to vent? I just feel like I can't really talk to anyone, and I feel very alone. I need somewhere to vent that won't be "telling our problems to the world."

by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:49 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
wulfeyes05
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:51 AM
1 mom liked this

I write short stories and pour all of my negative emotion into them

teal.blaze
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 12:54 AM

I'm not creative like that. I do like to cross stitch.,,,maybe keeping my hands working (at least when my toddler can't grab my needle) will help, even if its not such a direct "vent"...

Quoting wulfeyes05:

I write short stories and pour all of my negative emotion into them

lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:30 AM

i think journaling is a good thing. it helps to get the feelings and emotions out when we feel like we have no one to talk to. i would try it if i were you.

matreshka
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:36 AM

I do feel like it works for me.  There are things I do really need to vent out, Also I have a short fuse and big temper so it helps me to get my angry thoughts out and return to being rational. I think it wouldn't hurt giving it a shot. 

I write in a notebook, and I trust that DH won't read it.  He knows I journal and has no problem with it being private.

I think that if you are worried about anyone reading it, journal on your computer with an app or program that has a password lock on it.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 8:33 AM

It is good for me when I feel the need to express myself. When I feel empty, I eally don't get much out of it.

teal.blaze
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:20 AM

I'm not too worried about him reading it. I don't even think he knows I'm using my journal (it only has 2 entries though). I never thought about it being helpful for my temper. I have a pretty bad one too! I just feel like I can't talk to him sometimes. I've tried talking to him about things that upset me, and the way I feel sometimes when he talks at me. Somehow it turned into everything being my fault and a huge argument. And the few times I've tried venting to my best friend, or my mom, it turned into an argument too. I was apparently wrong for "telling everybody our problems." So until we can talk rationally, it looks like its the journal...

Quoting matreshka:

I do feel like it works for me.  There are things I do really need to vent out, Also I have a short fuse and big temper so it helps me to get my angry thoughts out and return to being rational. I think it wouldn't hurt giving it a shot. 

I write in a notebook, and I trust that DH won't read it.  He knows I journal and has no problem with it being private.

I think that if you are worried about anyone reading it, journal on your computer with an app or program that has a password lock on it.

snookyfritz
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 9:37 AM

my therapist encourages journaling.  I do it sometimes, but it's really hard for me sometimes.  Putting it all down on paper makes it really real and I'm afraid of that.

It works for a lot ot people.  I think we all have slightly different coping styles

teal.blaze
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:04 AM

Thank you all for your help! I feel a little less alone now, and it makes me feel a little better that journaling might actually work for me! I journaled a little last night (it ended up being like a three page vent), but I still couldn't sleep. I was up til 3am :(

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:08 AM

yes, I have found that journaling help, but I've had bad experiences with nosy people reading them :-(

teal.blaze
by Member on Mar. 8, 2013 at 10:22 AM

That's too bad :(

im not worried about my hubby reading it. I won't tolerate it if he ever does. 

Quoting leahbeah143:

yes, I have found that journaling help, but I've had bad experiences with nosy people reading them :-(

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)