Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I feel like a bad mom because I never have energy

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 5 Replies
No energy, whatsoever! ADD mixed with Depression seems like a set up for failure. After I get off work I'm usually so exhausted that I don't cook, clean, or give DD a bath. It's pathetic, but it seems like if I don't have the energy or motivation I feel stuck.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:07 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Mar. 8, 2013 at 1:27 PM

are you taking something for your add and depression. i once took aderal for add and it gave me all the energy i needed. i would take a dose of the morning and by evening it would fizzle out so they put me on a maintenance dose in the evenings. believe me i know what it feels like not to have the energy to do anything. i would check with my dr to see if there was something they can give you for that.

meshawmama
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 3:10 PM

I'm so sorry.  I know how it feels.  I carry so much guilt for not doing enough for my kids that I often cry myself to sleep at night.  I just love them so much.  I have been taking Adderall for a couple years now and it works so well.  Some days it doesn't but a lot of days it does.  I have fibromyalgia as well and the tiredness can be overwhelming.

Letha
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 4:29 PM
I feel the same way at times not having much energy to do stuff! I sleep half the day while my kids are in school cuz I'm either depressed and rather not deal with the world. After my kids gets home I force myself to do things. It's awlful! Maybe you can talk to your doc maybe he can put you on something! I think I'm going to mention it to my doc next time I see him.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:10 PM
Yes, I'm on vyvanse and 10mg dose of adderall so I van take after 5 to keep me going until bed time. But it usually fizzles out so fast. I'm also on 150 of wellbutrin.

Quoting lyrick24:

are you taking something for your add and depression. i once took aderal for add and it gave me all the energy i needed. i would take a dose of the morning and by evening it would fizzle out so they put me on a maintenance dose in the evenings. believe me i know what it feels like not to have the energy to do anything. i would check with my dr to see if there was something they can give you for that.

matreshka
by on Mar. 8, 2013 at 7:33 PM
I know this sounds overly simple but does list making and a daily calendar help?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)