Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Rant/MAD

Posted by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM
  • 9 Replies
So, I finally got to go on my first "girls night out"! My husband of course could only take care of 1 of our 2 babies and that was only for a couple of hours before bed time.
Now I know why I was able to go!!
He went to some irrigation conference Monday through today. He informs me that he was mad because he didn't get a buzz last night from 3 double shots of tequila and 4 mixed drinks, they went bowling as a team building event, and he a couple of "other guys" went up to some girls room at 2:00am! WTF?!?! Did I miss something? I am feeling very used and unwanted and unneeded.
We have a 4 year old and a 17 month old.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 13, 2013 at 11:40 PM
I would be pretty pissed off at him as well. You should let him know how you feel.
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 3:35 AM

i can understand your anger. i would let him know that what he did was not acceptable and you werent going to tolerate that.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:22 AM

Wow, that's a LOT and not the best situation either. Does he always drink so much? I would be angry, too!

Monkeymama930
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 10:31 AM
Seems like there's a little bit of a balance issue!
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:04 AM

Well, that's alot of alcohol.  Does he usually drink that much?  I think it needs to be addressed.  Kids need to come before booze.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:58 AM

he thought it would be appropriate for him to go up to some girls room? I would be really mad, too.

Alhnmer09-11
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 1:54 PM
Back in our very earlier days we both would drink and such. But he at one point should have been considered an alcoholic. But he hasn't drank very much at all in about 4-5 years.
ghostcat90
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I think I would point him in the direction of the couch for a few days.  AND one day when he comes in, hand him the baby, make sure the 4 year old has had some chocolate, and make a run for the door and leave the phone on the counter.  Even if you just drive around the block, you deserve some you time and given his behavior, he deserves some punishment.

Alhnmer09-11
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 8:28 AM
He doesn't see any problems with what he did. He said if the roles were reversed he wouldn't be mad at me.
I said the roles wouldn't be reversed. I have more respect for my marriage, family, and myself than to do something that stupid.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)