Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Does anyone else....

Posted by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:03 AM
  • 9 Replies

Does anyone else take there emotional pain, and turn it into physical pain?  When I get upset or nervouse I will start itching and I will scratch until it bleeds, and then I will have a scab and I will keep pulling the scabs of until it is deep in the meat of my arms. I don't know how to stop.simple frown

by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 6:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 7:29 AM

That is definitely self harm. I used to cut myself with knives or razor blades.  Its important to work on ways to stop doing that when you are overwhelmed with pain.  Maybe hold an ice cube instead, definitely talking to a therapist will help you learn ways that work for you to stop the self-harm.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 14, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes, some more than others. I have hit walls (only hard ones, nothing I can break) or dug fingernails into my arm when upset or stressed. I've heard it is hard to stop.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 14, 2013 at 11:01 AM

my daughter does that. she has terrible scars. i would get something from my dr for anxiety.

ruggy03
by on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:28 PM
I will get a bug bite and scratch till its infected then i end up with a whole bunch of them.they are gross but i cant stop
Meg2011425
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:31 PM
I was a cutter for a long time. I haven't since then but now I'm into other impulsive things.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lexismom90
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:49 AM
I used to do that a long time ago I would have a few spots on my legs or belly where I would do that but mostly I didn't want people to see the pain or hurt so I would chew the inside of my lib and cheeks and I would have sores constantly. I don't really know how I stoped but eventually I did. It just took time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:32 AM

I do too. and if I get upset I just take my fingernails a claw a chunk out of my arm.

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:35 AM

Me too and I don't know what to do . I on all kinds of meds. but nothing helps.

SAMI_JO
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 4:37 AM

And now its not just my arms, I am clawing my whole body up. I feel like I'm itching inside.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN