Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Why are nights so much harder??!

Posted by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
  • 7 Replies
I can be fine, even happy and positive, all day and then I get to the house in the evening and everyone is here and I just feel so alone and out of place. I start getting so depressed and I just hate it :(

Does anyone else feel like this? How do you deal with it?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 15, 2013 at 9:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 3:50 AM

the night time can be so depressing. the sun is not out and that usually makes a difference. are you keeping the lights on until you go to bed? i know i have to keep mine on or it depresses me.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 8:05 AM

We all have our times. I like night, because I can be alone with the TV or books. My kids sleep early and the husband leaves me alone. I struggle when I'm out among people and get the "alone and out of place" feeling. It's a trigger fo me, and it sounds like the house with everyone there upsets you.

I don't know how to deal with it well. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 9:42 AM

Since your feeling alone, can you maybe set up a family activity of some sort? Maybe sitting around the dinner table and everyone gets a chance to talk about their day?

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:37 AM
Darkness can definitely bring a heavier depression on. Kind of like when a kiddo goes on a camping trip/ sleep over and they get homesick really bad?

I think it happens because there isn't any much to do and everyone is doing thier own thing ?
Maybe suggest a family night with a board game? Or an " everyone" movie and pizza and you guys can chat about it afterwards ?

It's harder at night. Sunlight just... Helps.

I'm sorry you are having a bad time .
Lil_MissFaye
by Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:13 PM
My biggest trigger right now IS the family I'm staying with. I know that once I'm out of that house I will feel a lot better but I just don't have a choice right now which is incredibly frustrating :(

I'm so sick of being broke. I HATE it :( I have no way to get anywhere or do anything and it just sucks. I just want to be with my bf :(
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Mar. 16, 2013 at 5:15 PM

Nights are hard for me to frown mini

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:54 PM

I'm a single mom of three kids, and no family nearby. I just moved here a year ago so I dont really have friends either. When my kids go to bed is when it is the worst for me. My house is utterly sighlent, and I feel empty and alone. My favorite thing to do is just to turn on some music with my headphones in. Search the web. When my kids are awake and they get overwhelming, which that too can cause my depression, I turn on the tv for them and just sit in my room for a bit to take a break.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN