Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you know what your "Triggers" are???? OR..WHAT to do about them???????

Posted by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM
  • 7 Replies

I know we all suffer from some of the same things...depression/anxiety/bi-polar....& all of us share some common "triggers" as to what sets us up/off..or send us into that forsaken spiral to the deep dark hole..gives the the breathless, shaken felling of a panic attack..keeps us from going to an awards ceremony at our child's school, or takes us on a week long day and night cleaning/purging binge of our whole house, wishing we could get to the in-laws to let loose there.......

by on Mar. 16, 2013 at 10:03 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Agressive, dangerous men set me off.  They trigger my PTSD.  I had this problem most recently this fall, with our former neighbor who used to abuse his gf.  e was starting to harrass us and I attempted suicide because the PTSD caused me to get extremely paranoid  and afraid for my life.

Stress of all kinds can trigger me.  My MIL yelled at me a few weeks ago over something stupid.  I can't handle her so now I have her # blocked, if she needs anything from us she can talk to my DH, her son.

I also seem to get anxious "for no reason" or at least I don't know what the reason is yet.  I make sure to take a walk by myself once DH is home and after we had dinner, that helps get the anxiety out.

Then, I cycle through depression and occasional mania, and that is hard because it affects how I live my entire life.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:09 AM

My trigger is seeing people who are happy friends together, and knowing I'm not good enough to have friends. Social situations where I'm around people who SHOULD be my friends are very very hard for me (church, Sunday school, classes, facebook, basically any time I'm around people and they are talking or showing about their better friends or things they've done). I'm better when alone or with 1 person who cares enough to pretend to be interested in me. Isolating is bad for me, too, so basically I just drug myself and try not to cry, or cry in bathrooms till I calm down, then come back out.

I also get way stressed out at stern/aggressive men, even brooding ones. That is only an issue at night with my DH, and on weekends, but sometimes he's not in a bad mood.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:39 AM

i know what alot of my triggers are and sometimes i have to get away and relax and leave it where it is. i have been working on ways to help with the triggers.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 17, 2013 at 11:12 AM

at the moment, I have no idea what is causing my anxiety. I think a lot of it is there is a lot of drama going on at work lately, and it's really stressing me out.

Serenitymom
by Bronze Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 10:08 PM

Sad to say, but sometimes my kids are my trigger. And other times its dealing with other peoples anger. Whether it's towards me or not. Then there are nights when I'm alone, and dont know what to do. No once to call or talk to. Most of the time with my loneliness I listen to music, and that really helps. With dealing with other peoples anger, I try to walk away or I sometimes tend to bite back. Then I'll just sleep it off later. When my kids are on my nerves, I set them down infront of the tv for a movie, usually by the time the movie is done I'll feel better and we'll be back on track.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:30 AM

Right now it's financial issues, the possibility of not being able to visit my family. They live 12 hrs away from us and we make a trip down every summer and we had to miss last summer and now my trip money had to be spent so that's got me on edge. Being in front of others make me anxious like I got a letter from my daughter's teacher on Friday for the upcoming field trip in May and if I go w/ her I'll have to drive us and I just can't even think about that right now.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:33 PM

what sets me off are people that are disrespectful to family members. example; kids that back talk their parents, and people that say bad things to my kids. i do not care how old my kids may be or if they can defend themselves, i am going to get in the middle of things and voice my opinion. that is what gets my anger going.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)