Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Kind of don't want to

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies
Go back on my meds. I have been off of them completely for 17 days now and while I do feel my symptoms coming back and driving me nuts again I kind of don't want to start my meds. Off of them I tend to get more done around the house like cleaning and organizing because it is how I can relieve my stress. Any time my anxiety gets really bad or I start getting irritated and mad about something I can clean and organize like crazy and it helps me feel better. When I was on my meds I just didn't want to do any of it unless I had to. I have accomplished way more being off my meds (as far as cleaning and such) then
Being on them. But I know the reason I am getting so much done is because I am getting irritated more easily and the cleaning helps me to calm down.
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 17, 2013 at 6:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 7:44 PM

maybe you could use other techniques besides meds to help you get through this. you could see a therapist and learn som skills or get some self-help books off of amazon. 

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 17, 2013 at 8:22 PM
17 days is still a time of.withdrawal so it can be really rough. Cleaning is one of the ways I deal with anxiety. I feel better after. Do you at least get some relief with being active cleaning?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:14 PM
Thanks. I am going to talk to my therapist to see what I can do.

Quoting lyrick24:

maybe you could use other techniques besides meds to help you get through this. you could see a therapist and learn som skills or get some self-help books off of amazon. 

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 17, 2013 at 9:22 PM
I thankfully do get relief from it when I am being active and cleaning. Any time I hit one of my moods and start cleaning after a while of cleaning everything land scrubbing I do tend to calm down and be fine. It's just a matter of being able to work through it. If someone interrupts me in this mood though intend to snap at them and be kind of mean about it. But if I have time to just work through and clean I am usually fine afterwards. My kitchen and living room have never been cleaner!!

Quoting matreshka:

17 days is still a time of.withdrawal so it can be really rough. Cleaning is one of the ways I deal with anxiety. I feel better after. Do you at least get some relief with being active cleaning?
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Wow, I think its great if you can be without meds, I wish I didnt have to take them, but I know from past experience that I HAVE to take them. Its great that cleaning de stresses you, I wish it did that for me lol. I agree with the others, talk to your therapist about this. But it sounds like youre doing great! Stay strong mama!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:43 AM
Thanks! The only reason cleaning helps is because everything I am cleaning is dirty enough to need scrubbed. So I can chanel the anger I am feeling or irritation or frustration into scrubbing and put force behind it instead of taking it out on someone.

Quoting ashleighmama:

Wow, I think its great if you can be without meds, I wish I didnt have to take them, but I know from past experience that I HAVE to take them. Its great that cleaning de stresses you, I wish it did that for me lol. I agree with the others, talk to your therapist about this. But it sounds like youre doing great! Stay strong mama!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN