Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

He doesn't get it

Posted by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
  • 7 Replies
My fiancé doesn't understand why I am going off my meds. He's the withdrawals will probably be horrible and I will have a hard time dealing at first but with the help of my doctor I CAN do this!! I am getting off of my meds because of being 36 weeks pregnant I don't want to put my son through the withdrawals as a new born. I figured (and disguised with the doctors) that it is better and safer for him to "withdrawal" in utero then after he is born. Brian just doesn't seem to get this though and keeps telling me I need to take my meds and I have to be on them. I am fully planning on starting them again when Leon is born by for now I want to be off them so I don't have to put him through that! I feeling like a horrible person for being on them but Brian is makings feel worse for trying to stop them... I made the mistake of reading my chart when switching obgyn doctors and ready more then once "mother addicted to drugs" or somehow g along those lines I know it just means my medication but it still hurts to see that. I am just second guessing everything now. Doesn't help that I have been crazy stressed out with everything during the withdraw stages of thigs but so far I think I have been coping pretty darn well for brin almost fully off of everything for around 10 days now. By next week I will be 100% off of my meds.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:40 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 7:33 AM

i can understand why you are doing this. just try to use some coping skills to get you through this. but i would get back on them after the baby comes. take care of yourself. good luck momma!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 18, 2013 at 10:42 AM

*hugs* you have to do what you think is best for you and your baby. your dh will just have to get over it, but it sounds like he's probably just really worried about you.

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 12:09 PM
Thanks. I fully plan to go back on them once he is born. They do help me out a lot it's just I don't want to put him through all of the withdraws. I have been using my coping skills and so far so good really.

Quoting lyrick24:

i can understand why you are doing this. just try to use some coping skills to get you through this. but i would get back on them after the baby comes. take care of yourself. good luck momma!

Tracys2
by on Mar. 18, 2013 at 2:46 PM

I understand. Please take extra-good care of yourself and good luck, hope it's not too bad fo you!

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 18, 2013 at 6:11 PM

I took zoloft the whole time I was pregnant. He is a healthy 11 y/o boy.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 9:07 AM

Ugh, coming off meds is the beast sometimes! You have my sympathies. Glad you are getting right back on them knowing that you need them. I know there are some who do just fine w/o them and use their coping skills to get by which is great but I feel that there are a LOT who are in denial and don't want to be on meds but really should be. Keep us updated!

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 11:33 AM
I will so far so good and everything is still at least ok for me to deal with just some of it is getting worse again. I know I need them even though I don't want them so I will go back on afterwards. My mom is one tha is in very heavy denial about it. She won't even go to get diagnosed and refuses to take all meds.

Quoting nai_ryoku:

Ugh, coming off meds is the beast sometimes! You have my sympathies. Glad you are getting right back on them knowing that you need them. I know there are some who do just fine w/o them and use their coping skills to get by which is great but I feel that there are a LOT who are in denial and don't want to be on meds but really should be. Keep us updated!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)