Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just want to cry (vent)

Posted by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
  • 11 Replies
So I am 36 weeks pregnant in the 9th freaking month for dying out loud! We had to move due to circumstances. We JUST got all of our furniture and stuff moved down SUNDAY. My daughters room still needs picked up cleaned organized just so we can start unpacking her things but she a least has her crib and things in there. Our room is still full of stuff and needs cleaned out moved to storage so we can get our bed and things in there and our stuff unpacked. Right now we are sleeping in the living room! I did basicly all of the packing required to he us moved wih minimal help from my fiancé. Saturday we had to do pictures and I was chasin around my dd which wore me out pretty bad. Then Sunday I was helping my mom to get our room worked on and cleaned out. We actually did quite a bit but afterwards I was hurting like crazy due to round ligament pain and could barely walk and stand. Yesterday I still helped df finishs up moving 1 shelf of stuff. But now I can only take baby steps when I walk because of the pain being so horrible. And I walk hunched over due to the pain. Today I asked Brian to please work on our room more so we can please put our bed in there I asked him to do it since I could barely stand and walk. He worked on it for maybe 30 minutes moved 1 stroller full of stuff them started complaint that he didn't want to go back and forth between the 2 rooms all day because he was hurting. I keep saying that *I* have to do this and that and the other otherwise it won't get done. Every time I say it he says that it will get done that he will do it blah blah blah. Yet every time it comes down to him actually getting it done he finds an excuse to stop or to not do it. Anywhere from the baby is sleeping to she is awake and playing... I just seriously want to cry right now!! I DO NOT want my parents to feel like they have to do it all and get it done for us but I don't know how much more I can do without being able to walk at all! But clearly if I not the one doing it then it won't get done. I just want it done so we can have our space and so we can go back to the appartment to clean! I am honestly hurt and pissed right now because I have done everything by myself so far and every time I comes down to him doing something it doesn't get done... Guess after I lay my dd down for nap I will be working on our bedroom.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:11 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
deltathree
Quietness is the surest sign that you've died. Your old life was a frantic running from silence. Rumi
Yesterday at 12:52 PM
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 12:12 PM

hugs

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:14 PM

i am so sorry momma. your bf should be helping you more. you may have to get your mother to help in order to keep you from going into preterm labor. taking care of yourself is the most important thing right now.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 1:57 PM

That's wrong. He needs to help, especially right now. Maybe he would do his own stuff at least? Is he lazy, overwhelmed, busy with fun stuff, and/or maybe he feels he can't do it well enough for you?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 19, 2013 at 2:36 PM

*hugs*

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 3:26 PM

Do you currently have small children?  I ask because I don't think this would work if you do.  I mentioned before I moved when 8 mo pregnant, and I couldn't have done it without DH helping.  He was working 12-14 hr days so we could afford it, but still helped on his days off.

It comes down to your health as a very pregnant woman.  I would go on strike.  Dramatic? Maybe. But you cant be heavy lifting right now.  Tell him he needs to help, put your foot down by giving yourself a break.

It may sound confrontational but your health and the baby's health is more important than furniture and organizing stuff.

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 7:51 PM
Honestly I think he is just brin lazy. I know he has some hip pain but I have all kind of pain right now and have to work throughout. When I ask him to do things he usually gets distracted with the tv or his phone. And it will take me several times of askin to get him to do it. All we need him to do right now is move food items from one place to another. That is it.

Quoting Tracys2:

That's wrong. He needs to help, especially right now. Maybe he would do his own stuff at least? Is he lazy, overwhelmed, busy with fun stuff, and/or maybe he feels he can't do it well enough for you?

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 19, 2013 at 8:56 PM
Yeah we have a 15 month old daughter. I just don't know how to get through to him about this.

Quoting matreshka:

Do you currently have small children?  I ask because I don't think this would work if you do.  I mentioned before I moved when 8 mo pregnant, and I couldn't have done it without DH helping.  He was working 12-14 hr days so we could afford it, but still helped on his days off.

It comes down to your health as a very pregnant woman.  I would go on strike.  Dramatic? Maybe. But you cant be heavy lifting right now.  Tell him he needs to help, put your foot down by giving yourself a break.

It may sound confrontational but your health and the baby's health is more important than furniture and organizing stuff.

childofGod995
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 1:43 AM

if your boyfriend is complaining still after all this time, it is going to get worse once the baby is born. if you are considering marriage, you better get counseling. if it was me, i think i would be happy living only with my kids and my parents.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:59 AM

I'm so sorry :( My husband drinks mt dew like there is no tomorrow and there's a ridiculous amt of cans that I have to pick up every day. Some was left in one of the cans and it got spilled. I got annoyed and was like "If you could have used your hand to grab it and walk 5 feet over, you could have thrown it in the trash." He said "The trash is full. I can't!" Yeah, he works outside so he hasn't been working for the whole week so far. I don't fuss at him to do anything around here when he's working a lot but yet he still thinks it's perfectly fine to expect me to pick after him and not pitch in whatsoever while he sleeps in and plays his video games. That tells ya what kind of a lazy pig I have to live w/!

lexismom90
by Bronze Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:28 AM
I know we already have a dd and when he was a sahd I had a terrible time getting him to do basic things like dishes. I am so not looking forward to the excuses once baby gets here. On one hand it would be better to have just me and my parents and the kids but at the same time he helps me out with taking care of dd and keeping calm.

Quoting childofGod995:

if your boyfriend is complaining still after all this time, it is going to get worse once the baby is born. if you are considering marriage, you better get counseling. if it was me, i think i would be happy living only with my kids and my parents.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)