Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Trying hard....

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
  • 4 Replies
I've recently had an informal diagnosis of Bipolar 2. My therapist of 2 yrs and I have always thought it was major depression....until I expressed to her a few situations that caused red flags, leading to mania came up.
Anyways, I'm waiting to see a psychiatrist for a full assessment and meds; and in the meantime, I'm going to keep myself busy. My mind is extremely overwhelmed by 5 million things that I would like to do. I've decided that I will emerge myself into Spring. Spring cleaning, painting, Spring crafts and outside work when it gets warmer. I'm going to spend the next couple of months doing this.
Does anyone else throw themselves into something to force their brains to slow down?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:18 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tracys2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:26 AM

Kind of. I've been cooking all sorts of new and interesting things (that my family hates, LOL) to keep my brain and body busy, becaues most of the stuff at home (cleaning) lets- actually FORCES my brain to run, but this I have to think about so it stops that. It does help.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:27 AM

Yes, I'm bipolar as well ;)

I think the key is moderation.  It is great to get motivated, don't get me wrong, but keeping the activity level sustainable is really going to help level your moods.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:29 AM

Make yourself a list of the things that you'd like to get done and go from there. It's good to see your goals out on paper, and even better feeling to be able to cross some off :-)

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:01 AM

it is good if you can keep busy. unfortunately, i am one of those people who shuts down and ends up staying in the bed. i hope everything works out for you and you can remain stable through this. good luck!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN