Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I wonder why I am so depressed sometimes

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 11 Replies

It is no wonder I get so depressed sometimes. As if going through financial struggles on top of everyday struggles isn't enough. i have only one person I can talk to and that is my husband. So my husband and I are going through some financial struggles right now it will get better it is just a speed bump however he has a playstation 3 he does not play and he let my brother (who lives with my mom) barrow it. So I call my mom up and say hey we need our craigslist treasure (that is what i call things that sale really well on craigslist.) So instantly her defensive mode turns on like I should not be getting my stuff because my brother enjoys it and gets all pissy. I am like well for the first time in a long time I am have troubles feeding my kids so I need to sale it. She is like omg I am worse off then you I can't even afford bandages (as she is probably eating a big mac because the eat fas food every day) I am like ok I am sorry if it offends you that I want to sale something that belongs to me. So obviously i can not talk to my Mom without her having a worse situation and she is like what happened why are you like this all of a sudden you know Shaun and I have nothing.... I wasn't going to ask her I learned a long time ago I cannot count on her for anything but no she goes into this whole spill about how poor she is (to prevent me from even asking them to bring me my ps3 I am sure). Damn I hate my mother and yeah my Brother too he is the same damn way all i wanted to do was call and say hey I am picking up my ps3 and her say ok... I just never want to talk to her again I hate her. I really trully 100% HATE MY MOTHER AND MY BROTHER BOTH. Believe me it got worse. Because I told her I had no sympothy for someone who can afford to eat out 3 times a day and she has heart deseasse and she feeds herself greasy fast food She doesn't do anything to help it except take the fishoil pills well I got news for her she has to change everything. So she tells me I know nothing about it. So I finally had to tell her that I have things going on with me that leads to heart disease something I had no intentions on telling her because like I said everything is always worse for her and I had to change my life style. And of corse she gets mad at me because I am actually doing it and tells me how stupid I am. I'm the stupid one I start exercising I change my diet to reverse the damage I have done to myself. 

Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:58 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 AM
2 moms liked this

you are doing the right thing by taking care of yoursef. i can understand youwanting to sell your game system. feeing your kids is more important. perhaps you should tell your mother that if she would quit eating out all the time they could afford a playstation.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:25 AM

All she needs to know is that you are coming to pick up your ps3, the rest is not her business to even comment on. You need to do what you need to do to take care of your family.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM
2 moms liked this

Your mom's a "one-upper" too?  I have stopped telling my mom anything because I get a response of how much worse she has it and never any support.

Something I learned is not to feed toxic people.  You can keep cicil with her without allowing her to get in your business or have her give you any drama.  With my mom I keep the conversation very light and brief.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Sorry- hope you can get away from all that. Glad you're taking care of yourself!

Meena20
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:17 PM
Damn my fam and i are going through the same thing. Dont let it depress you. Get and stay in a possitive mentality mode. Keep ur head up pretty lady.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
freenuts
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:03 PM

This! I am the same way with my mom.

I had kind of a similar problem than the OP, with my brother. We no longer speak.

Sometimes you have to be harsh with certain toxic behaviours.

Quoting matreshka:

Your mom's a "one-upper" too?  I have stopped telling my mom anything because I get a response of how much worse she has it and never any support.

Something I learned is not to feed toxic people.  You can keep cicil with her without allowing her to get in your business or have her give you any drama.  With my mom I keep the conversation very light and brief.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Take care of you and yours, that's all you can do.

ghostcat90
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:24 PM

Remind her that she will need someone to take care of her some day and you'll make sure she gets the "finest" home and by home I mean Shadey Pines :-)

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:32 AM

Yeah, I would have let her rant and then let her know I was on my way over to pick up my ps3 and went straight over and got it. Sorry you gotta deal w/ family like that!

childofGod995
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM

I can not figure what to say about your mother, but for your financial situation, i would go to http://www.dollarstretcher.com/ and hopefully that can help you.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)