Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I'm at the brink of tears

Posted by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM
  • 26 Replies
Hello. My name is heather. I'm 25 with two boys,brandon is my oldest(3 in april) and logan is my youngest(2 in july) I'm so stressed and just lost. Brandon throws the worst fits, lkke uncontrolable can't handle it fits. He goes to see a dr next Tuesday, but until I'm completly lost as to what to do and its makeing my depression worse.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 3:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:11 PM

its good you are taking him to be evaluated. if you can get a break from them even if its for a couple of hours take it and do something for yourself. keep in mind during the hard times that you are getting help. it might be good for you to see a therapist to help you deal. good luck momma.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 4:26 PM
I tried, I called my mom crying and she just told me to deal withit

Quoting lyrick24:

its good you are taking him to be evaluated. if you can get a break from them even if its for a couple of hours take it and do something for yourself. keep in mind during the hard times that you are getting help. it might be good for you to see a therapist to help you deal. good luck momma.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 20, 2013 at 6:52 PM

It's good you're getting him checked. I think you may need to see a dr. too. Maybe get something for your nerves.

yrubxaslyrem
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:40 PM
Try to distract him. Ive been putting my daughter in her room and shut the door and tell her she can come out when shes done crying. I posted in another forum about my daughters tantrums and had quite a few responses with great advice. Best of luck to you!
heatherann2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 7:58 PM
I do that and he gets worse, throwing himself on the ground, throwing things,ect.

Quoting yrubxaslyrem:

Try to distract him. Ive been putting my daughter in her room and shut the door and tell her she can come out when shes done crying. I posted in another forum about my daughters tantrums and had quite a few responses with great advice. Best of luck to you!

yrubxaslyrem
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:55 PM

http://www.cafemom.com/group/advice/forums/read/18228381/Temper_Tantrum_Three_Year_Old

Here's the link to my post.  Hope something on there helps! 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:21 PM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

I hope the doctor can provide you with answers!

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:26 AM

My son was that way when he was 2. I'd send him to his room and he'd sit on his bed and scream for at least an hour. Even if it happened when I was on the phone w/ my best friend, she'd have to let me go cuz his screaming was that loud. He can be the most difficult to deal w/ out of all my 3 kids but he eventually grew out of the screaming and protesting fits. He's now 5. It can really wreck havok w/ the mood disorders we deal w/. I just kept telling myself he wasn't going to be screaming forever. Hang in there!

heatherann2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Thank you. How did you deal with it without losing your mind?

Quoting nai_ryoku:

My son was that way when he was 2. I'd send him to his room and he'd sit on his bed and scream for at least an hour. Even if it happened when I was on the phone w/ my best friend, she'd have to let me go cuz his screaming was that loud. He can be the most difficult to deal w/ out of all my 3 kids but he eventually grew out of the screaming and protesting fits. He's now 5. It can really wreck havok w/ the mood disorders we deal w/. I just kept telling myself he wasn't going to be screaming forever. Hang in there!

heatherann2
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:16 AM
Thank you

Quoting leahbeah143:

*hugs*

I hope the doctor can provide you with answers!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)