Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Is he lying

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 19 Replies
My boyfriend have been out of work for like 5 years. Well he finally got a job (yippie)!!! He showed me his hours so I see that he is really working. Today he got his check to find out CS took his money. Do you think he would lie about this and just want me to move on he shouldn't have no reason to lie?
Posted by Anonymous on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 20, 2013 at 8:45 PM

I would deffintenly ask him about it. I don't know what state you live in but I don't think they can by law in any state take your whole paycheck for cs. If so my daughters would be doing good considering that my grandchildrens dads our in the 10,000's already behind.

Good Luck and hugs

Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:05 PM
Well he was behind. I know when my sons father owed and he did taxes, they intercepted.

Quoting rhodaj:

I would deffintenly ask him about it. I don't know what state you live in but I don't think they can by law in any state take your whole paycheck for cs. If so my daughters would be doing good considering that my grandchildrens dads our in the 10,000's already behind.

Good Luck and hugs

heatherann2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:09 PM
They shouldn't take good whole check, only a percentage, if he is behind that will come from state taxes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:14 PM
He just started working, so they would've took his taxes intil next year. You all hace to really read my post.

Quoting heatherann2:

They shouldn't take good whole check, only a percentage, if he is behind that will come from state taxes.

heatherann2
by on Mar. 20, 2013 at 9:24 PM
Honey I read your post. I understand, but it doesn't matter if he just started working, they can only take a percentage out, unless grew called and said to take more. The next time he files taxes his state will be gone (depending on how far behindhe is) he is lying one way or another, or he needs to call cs and figure out why they took it all.

Quoting Anonymous:

He just started working, so they would've took his taxes intil next year. You all hace to really read my post.

Quoting heatherann2:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Anonymous
by Anonymous - Original Poster on Mar. 20, 2013 at 10:22 PM
He only got $350 and they left him with $100. We're in south carolina and he works only part time

Quoting heatherann2:

Honey I read your post. I understand, but it doesn't matter if he just started working, they can only take a percentage out, unless grew called and said to take more. The next time he files taxes his state will be gone (depending on how far behindhe is) he is lying one way or another, or he needs to call cs and figure out why they took it all.

Quoting Anonymous:

Quoting heatherann2:

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:13 PM

Yes they will take federal income taxes from the father or mother that owes back cs but not a whole check and how did the mother find out so quickly. That normally takes a few pays to get started

Quoting Anonymous:

Well he was behind. I know when my sons father owed and he did taxes, they intercepted.

Quoting rhodaj:

Good Luck and hugs

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 20, 2013 at 11:16 PM

sorry, I'm not familiar with how CS works. CS doesn't notify you when they are going to garnish your wages?

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:12 AM

you can check his pay stub and it should show it on there.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:35 AM

Yeah, it should definitely show up on his paystub.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)