Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

super upset with no friends

Posted by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
  • 20 Replies
So my bday coming up n have no plans.my sis mentioned goin out this wkend n it was if it was completely forgotten cuz now she making plans wit someone else. N it just hits hard that I have no friends.I have few girls I talk to from my old neighborhood but that's as far as it goes.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
yrubxaslyrem
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 7:44 PM

Totally understand where you're coming from!  Feels like since you became a mom no one has time for you anymore.  I just don't know what makes me different from some of my friends that are moms.  It seems they still have a social life, but they also don't mind asking someone else to keep their child.  I have a really hard time asking someone else to keep my daughter.  When I do go out I have a great time and I can't wait to do it again, but after a while I forget all about the fun I had.

I also have a bad attitude towards a lot of people (especially people from my town, I know almost everbody) so I know that's the majority of my problem.

Hope things work out for you! :)  And happy upcoming birthday!

Meryl

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 21, 2013 at 8:39 PM

take yourself out and try and meet some new friends. im sorry your sister didnt make plans with you. tht is just wrong.

rosemary18
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:32 PM

A friend and I started a mommy group because I've been feeling like I don't have friends also. I go to a great and know many people, but don't have many friends.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 21, 2013 at 9:38 PM

*hugs*

mgkronenbitter
by on Mar. 21, 2013 at 10:37 PM

Definitely understand were you are coming from. I moved to my current home this past May and haven't made one single friend. I sit at home all day with my 2 year old, pregnant, broke, and sad that I have no one to talk to. I have one friend from back home 12 hours away and my bf who is always working. It is hard when no one is around to bounce off an idea and can take your mind off things. I don't even have any family by me and what makes it worse is that I live in the real country and the nearest shopping center in more than 30 mins away! Try to hang in there and things always get worse before they get better. Im lonely all the time but sometimes its better then all the drama I could be having and eventually one or two friends will be in my life and that will be just enough! Good Luck and feel better!

Tracys2
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 7:58 AM

Sorry- totally get it. No friends to celebrate my 40th with, after joining an interest club and a church years earlier. Depression does it.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:07 AM

My b-day is coming up too, and the one thing I want to do may not happen.  I think  ever since I hit 31 and onward I really stopped caring about my bday but this is the one year I wanted to do something in a long while.

captainjack
by Bronze Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 9:38 AM
1 mom liked this

Yep you have to take care of yourself so...do something for yourself.  My birthday is Monday I am getting a massage on Wed that is for me.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Mar. 22, 2013 at 12:57 PM

I know the feeling.  so sorry - hugs.

Itzy0ll0tl
by on Mar. 22, 2013 at 2:30 PM

bdays suck!

always full of expectations ..a dn in the end, thay alwasy suck for me.

when is your bday?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)