Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

had my psych eval yesterday

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
  • 12 Replies
1 mom liked this
I had another session with my new counselor, she suggested I get a psych eval to see if getting on meds would be a good idea for me. Anyway the Dr. said that I have anxiety and some symptoms of ocd along with the depression (none of which is really news to me). She gave me celexa and trazodone (for my sleeping issues) I'm due back in a few weeks to talk to her about how everything is going. Hopefully the meds will help, exercise has been doing a lot to help with the depression but not so much the anxiety
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
nirvanadonna
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:30 PM
1 mom liked this
Good luck to you. I remember when I got my psych eval and was told I have bipolar disorder. But when they put me on my meds I felt so much better and the world started to fall together like it should. And I was put on Trazadone too for insomnia. Everything is only going to get better for you. Best of luck to you.
rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 24, 2013 at 1:40 PM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad the meds are working for you. Exercise works great for me also and so does yoga. For my anxiety I have learned a lot of my triggers but I have had panic/anxiety for a long time. So my therapist had me start writing down what I was doing when my anxiety would start getting bad. You might want to try that. It is just a suggestion.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 2:59 PM
1 mom liked this

i hope everything works out for you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 24, 2013 at 4:21 PM
1 mom liked this

Let me know how you feel on the Celexa. My dr suggested that one for me, but I haven't taken it yet.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:24 PM
Thank you. I am really hoping the meds help, maybe when I get the anxiety under control I can more easily enforce boundaries with everyone, including family.

Quoting nirvanadonna:

Good luck to you. I remember when I got my psych eval and was told I have bipolar disorder. But when they put me on my meds I felt so much better and the world started to fall together like it should. And I was put on Trazadone too for insomnia. Everything is only going to get better for you. Best of luck to you.
boshs1andonly
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:27 PM
I've found that anxiety gets the better of me when I'm stressed (even when the stressors aren't directly related to what I'm anxious about, if that makes sense). So I'm trying to keep it all under control by managing my stress and finding better coping mechanisms. Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely keep that in mind

Quoting rhodaj:

I'm glad the meds are working for you. Exercise works great for me also and so does yoga. For my anxiety I have learned a lot of my triggers but I have had panic/anxiety for a long time. So my therapist had me start writing down what I was doing when my anxiety would start getting bad. You might want to try that. It is just a suggestion.

boshs1andonly
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 5:28 PM
OK, I just started today. I'll be back in a few weeks or sooner if any unpleasant side effects pop up.

Quoting leahbeah143:

Let me know how you feel on the Celexa. My dr suggested that one for me, but I haven't taken it yet.

rhodaj
by rho on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:32 PM

I completly understand that stress brings on your anxiety. I do have the same problem. But that part I can't control. But the rest I normally can with medication for panic/anxiety disorder

Quoting boshs1andonly:

I've found that anxiety gets the better of me when I'm stressed (even when the stressors aren't directly related to what I'm anxious about, if that makes sense). So I'm trying to keep it all under control by managing my stress and finding better coping mechanisms. Thank you for the suggestion, I will definitely keep that in mind

Quoting rhodaj:

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:35 PM

I take Trazadone and it does help calm my constant nightly thinking when I want to sleep.  If I do wake in the night, then I have issues, but most of the time when I take it, I don't wake.  I certainly can tell when I try to cut back or not take it at all.  I am on a real low dose tho', so I have room to go up if needed.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 7:57 AM

Hope things go well w/ your new psychiatrist. I love mine. I can't wait until the snow stops and it actually starts acting like spring and I can go outside and enjoy the sunshine for my depression!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)