Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Want to give up

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM
  • 10 Replies

I have suffered from depression since I was 16 and am now 25. I'll be good for a few months up to six months but then I fall back down and when I fall I fall hard. I am married and have 2 kids 1 and 4 I am also a sahm. I never realized how lonley it is and how alone I really am. There are days at a time that I only take to my babies and a few words to my hubby as he's leaving for work or coming home and getting ready for bed. I have very little friends and none who know what I am going through and no one to talk to about it. Don't get me wrong I have my good days where I laugh and play all day with my kids. But then I have days like today when I don't want to get out of bed and cry at the drop of a hat. I'm new to all this forum stuff and just mainly wanted to let some of it out and vent and maybe find out I'm not alone and there are other moms out there just like me.

by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:38 PM

Hello and welcome...You have come to the right place. Everyone here understands how you feel. Hope things turn around soon..

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

being a stay at home mom can take a toll on you socially. you need to let your husband or a family member or friend watch your kids for you sometimes and get yourself some me time in. i think you would feel a whole lot better.

Tracys2
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:45 PM

Sorry you are going through that. I can tell you it does get better as the kids get older and you have some time to yourself, but right now you are in a bad, lonely place like I was (and to some extent still am)

Do you do therapy or medication? 

I'm getting out of the same spot. I'm 41 and my youngest is 4. I totally undestand what you're going through and am hoping to be out soon and meeting people, and hope it helps!

AsherMomma0204
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 6:49 PM

Thanks you all. Yeah I was recently put back on meds. they put me on prozac.

Mom2CMW
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:20 PM
hugs. .I understand. ..I'm struggling now. ... hoping it gets better soon
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:32 PM

welcome to the group! you are definitely not alone

sunflower37
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 12:06 AM

hugsyou're not alone.

hollydaze1974
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:07 AM
How is Prozac working for you ? It is one of the oldest meds available. I'm surprised they put you on that one as there are better ones available. I had tremors on it when I was 19(now 38) This is just a curiousity question .
I've been through many medications throughout my depression, re diagnosed as bi polar. So how is Prozac working?

Quoting AsherMomma0204:

Thanks you all. Yeah I was recently put back on meds. they put me on prozac.

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
AsherMomma0204
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 11:41 AM

Thanks everyone it's nice to know they are others out there who know what I'm going trough.

Its one of the first ones on the list that my insurance would cover so they just put me on it for a trail run. I've been on it about a month or so, so far it's okay. I take it at night because it makes me tired. At first I had headaches for about a week but now it's fine.

reindeer-c
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 3:38 AM

Is does get very lonely being a SAHM. Do your best not to isolate yourself. Get out with the kids. Go for a walk, to the mall, or anything else that the kids might like to do. Some moms join playdate groups. I have a son with autism so the playgroups never worked out for me. I have 3 boys and my husband works in another state all week and moved to a new state a year and a half ago where there is no relatives. Another thought is to join a gym that has childcare so you can get a break, do something healthy for yourself, and meet new people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)