Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Choking Him In His Sleep

Posted by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
  • 20 Replies
So I'm 19 and I just moved moved to NC from PA to be with my boyfriend who said that he didn't want to be with if I didnt move. I just found out 3 weeks ago that I'm pregnant and I literally believe my life is a living hell. He won't get a job, he won't stop smoking weed (he does it about 3 times a day) I pay for everything (his and mine) and I'm constantly sleeping on the floor because he won't go get a job and help me buy a bed, he play video games for hours and a leaves the house wen I'm sleep for hours to smoke weed. He won't let me go outside alone either. So about 2 months ago a started cracking under the of him and his family and found myself sleep in the closet, cutting my arm, banging my head up against the wall and crying every night. I told him I was going to see a therapist to get help and he snapped on me and told me a couldn't go. That night I felt like I was going to kill myself because I felt like my life wasn't worth living if he was gonna use the baby to control me. What should I do?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:41 PM

run don't walk to the nearest exit! he's not treating you right, and you and your baby don't deserve that

Bri060492
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:43 PM
3 moms liked this

Go back to PA. Never look back. Do not put him on the birth certificate when baby is born. You do not need him. run now.

Kirsten3
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:50 PM
Go back home before the baby comes. It will b hard but ur all ready doing it by yourself. But family can help u. Good luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM
1 mom liked this

Sweetie, RUN...red flag 1) he gave you an ultimatum (move to him or it's over...I woulda told him it's over.  How many times did he come to see you when you were in PA?) red flag 2) no job...I'm assuming he's not in school either.  If he won't take care of himself, he won't take care of you and the little one.  red flag 3) he's making you sleep on the floor - that is disrespectful...My dog doesn't even sleep on the floor.  red flag 4) he won't let you outside by yourself...that's a biggie...honey, I'm going to guess that if he hasn't hit you already he is going to sooner or later.  When he does, you pop out his eyeball, you take off his finger, you take that as a trophy and get the hell out of dodge.  Hopefully you'll leave sooner rather than later.  If no one knows that you are pregnant, leave, don't tell them, don't put his name on the birth certificate.  You can go to a women's shelter until you can get home or get on your feet.  All you have to do is get out of the house and get into a fire hall or any place marked as a "Safe Place" tell them you need assistance calling a shelther or your parents.  You are too young, too beautiful to put up with this and that baby doesn't need to be exposed to this.  If I were closer, I'd come get you now.  I've been there, I've done that, NOTHING good will come of this.

Loving_my3boys, you fail at "support" so get off the board.  I'll be reporting you too just so you know.

ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 8:55 PM

OH I didn't have to report, someone did it for me :-)

Mommy2beQua
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 9:18 PM
I wanna go back home but I'm ashamed because my family is very judgemental and I'm scared that I'm going to have to raise my baby by myself at the age of 19. I originally left home not only to be with my boyfriend but to get away from my family. Now wen he mistreats me I feel how I felt wen my mother used to abuse me. My father died wen I was 2 and I remember crying wen I thought about about how my other siblings had a father, now I don't want my baby growing up without a father. I been trying to help him but I'm being tore down emotionally and mentally
ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 24, 2013 at 10:07 PM

No father is better than an abusive father.  I'd hope that your family would overlook their judgment for your safety.

sunflower37
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:55 PM

I am sure your family would accept you no matter what because they know that no body's perfect. You need to leave that weed smoking, unemployed,video games playing joker you can do bad by yourself darling and you have your unborn child to think about not his/her no account daddy.

frankiesma530
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:56 PM

You need to leave his ass alone.  He is no good and you deserve better.

KristenFowles
by on Mar. 24, 2013 at 11:57 PM

Time to move back home.........

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)