Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

How does your depression make you feel?

Posted by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
  • 16 Replies
Mine makes me feel: Tired. Ugly. Lazy. Overwhelmed. Inadequate. Irritable. Useless. Angry. Worthless. Incapable.....did I mention tired?? Yea, I did, but I'll say it again..Tired.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 9:58 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
diaperstodating
by Bronze Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:06 PM
Sad, overwhelmed, and tired.
ChgIsGood2012
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:11 PM
Yep, all of what has been mentioned...
Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:53 PM

All of those things at least. And burdensome and annoying and needy, and more stuff I can't think about ight now. Yay, me.

sunflower37
by on Mar. 25, 2013 at 10:59 PM

Everything that you mentioned.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 7:27 AM

you described it all for me. and i certainly can agree with tired!

erikadi
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:27 AM

My depression makes me feel the same as yours.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:50 AM
1 mom liked this

Similar, all that and self-loathing. I try to focus on how I want to feel though.  It really helps.

bugsmama149
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 12:55 PM

You got it right with burdensome and needy. Like when I just can't seem to get my ass up to do laundry or make dinner. My wonderful hubby is right there to do it. But I feel bad because if it's a day when I didn't have to work and all I've done is lay on the couch all day, I feel shitty because I didn't bother to have a meal waiting for him when he got home. I keep on top of things ok but there are times when I just don't wanna do any of it. Days when just putting on makeup seems like some huge monumental task. My Effexor makes me have zero sex drive so I get to pretend with that too. I guess a good word to describe how I feel most of the time is "nondeserving". I don't feel like I deserve the husband I have. I feel like he would be so much happier married to someone else but for some reason he disagrees.

Quoting Tracys2:

All of those things at least. And burdensome and annoying and needy, and more stuff I can't think about ight now. Yay, me.

bugsmama149
by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:01 PM
1 mom liked this

My self-loathing makes me feel like I don't deserve anything. Like I have this wonderful, loving, husband who does everything he can to make me feel loved and secure. And there are days when I can't even get my lazy ass up to make him dinner after he's been working all day. I feel especially bad about sex. I didn't have much of a sex drive to begin with and now with my Effexor, I just have no desire at all. And my husband never makes me feel bad about it. Thank God for that because I already feel bad enough. I just hate when I can feel myself starting to fall into that abyss. It always goes away but there's still that "cloud" that I can feel hovering around me. It's just always there you know? I do get so tired of hating myself. It's like most of the time I don't even feel like a real woman. I can't think of many worse ways to feel than that.

Quoting matreshka:

Similar, all that and self-loathing. I try to focus on how I want to feel though.  It really helps.

Tracys2
by Gold Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 1:58 PM

Totally with you on the self-loathing and non-deserving. So everyone tells us "see all the good you have in your life" and I do and I feel worse that I have it when I should be dying of cancer or something if life were fair.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)