Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Devestated

Posted by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
  • 5 Replies

Our landlord is selling the house we live in.  This is a total shock because the last conversation we had with him, we had a verbal agreement to be property mgmt starting in April and get paid doing it, and we told him we were here for the long haul.

I have no idea how long it takes an old Victorian multi-family to sell here in western Mass, either way our lease is up in July.

We do have enough money to move, but it will clear us out.

Not to mention, I am not into moving a 2 1/2 year old, but I guess now is a better time than when he is in school.

I am trying to stay positive, that this is a new beginning and an opportunity to find a nicer newer apt but the whole thing is stressing me out.  I have lived too many places, so has DH and we just want to settle down.

by on Mar. 26, 2013 at 8:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:09 AM

im sorry they are selling your house. maybe you can find somewhere closer to dh's work and some place you like better. i hope everything works out for you.

svannie
by Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM

I'm sorry!  What a stress to have to deal with!  And completely unexpected and the opposite of what you all had agreed on.  I hope you find something even better.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:29 AM

Thanks!  The town DH works in has some nice areas, and thats where my parents and his entire family lives too.  Both of us seem to be repeatedly sucked back as it is also our home town lol.  Rent is cheaper there and he could walk to work!

Maybe this is the kick in the butt I need to find some direction or purpose in life.

Quoting lyrick24:

im sorry they are selling your house. maybe you can find somewhere closer to dh's work and some place you like better. i hope everything works out for you.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:30 AM

I'm sorry to hear that!

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 26, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Yep, its a little stressful to say the least.  Luckily DH and I are both used to moving.  I keep telling myself positives about this whole ordeal.  A town with better schools, an upgrade to a newer apt, and not some hacked up  rickety victorian built over 100 yrs ago, being closer to my older son as well.

Quoting svannie:

I'm sorry!  What a stress to have to deal with!  And completely unexpected and the opposite of what you all had agreed on.  I hope you find something even better.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)