Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

natural/herbal help?

Posted by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM
  • 13 Replies
Anyone use natural or herbal help? Did you get the ok from your dr?
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 1:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 2:55 PM

In addition to meds (i recently went back on more) I still do take a multivitamin, extra b complex + c and flax oil. My doc recommended this to me. 

leahbeah143
by Leah on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:34 PM

My dr suggest Vitamin D, but I forget to take it

ZombyMommy
by on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:37 PM
1 mom liked this
Ditto on the b complex; also vitamin d and niacin. Niacin was the vitamin treatment for depression before all the antidepressants came out.
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 3:42 PM
1 mom liked this

I just googled niacin due to your post about it being a treatment before modern anti-depressants, its also known as B3 so next time I get my b complex I am going to see how much niacin is in there.

Quoting ZombyMommy:

Ditto on the b complex; also vitamin d and niacin. Niacin was the vitamin treatment for depression before all the antidepressants came out.

michaelsmom25
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 8:43 PM
I take vitamin D and fish oil
ghostcat90
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 9:23 PM

b-complex is recommended as far as vitamins go

anj2mom
by Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 10:53 PM
So b vitamins pretty much r good for anxiety/depression?
lancet98
by Bronze Member on Mar. 29, 2013 at 11:13 PM

All 'natural' treatments are just as much drugs as anything that comes in a pill bottle.

Please be sure to inform your doctor of any herbs, supplements, or similar products that you intend to take, before you start taking them.   Make sure these products will not make a bad combination with any prescription or over the counter medicines you take, and check with your doctor before you start to determine if the natural product you are considering, could interact badly with any medical conditions you have.

nai_ryoku
by on Mar. 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM

B vitamins are good for a lot of things. You could even look up fresh fruits and veggies that have b vitamins in them and incorporate them more in your diet as getting your vitamins and minerals from food is the best for your body.

flprincessmom
by Member on Mar. 30, 2013 at 12:08 PM

I take the B's, omega & iron......I am going to start taking Rhodiola for stress & anxiety....I am NOT taking any more AD's that cause me to be tired all the time, no motivation and gain weight....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)