Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Soo tired after a panic attack/vent

Posted by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
  • 9 Replies

OMG,I felt drugged. Fell asleep.  I'm fixated on my DH getting enough sleep as he works nights.  DS 6yo w/Autism won't leave him alone to sleep.  They are crazy about each other,it is great.  DH took Ds out to McD's play area.  I had a break.  I know I neeed more breaks.  I BROKE down bc it is the last day of spring break,and I think I was just overloaded.  DS is constantly on the move and needs constant supervision.  I am just tired.  FT K for him again tomorrow and then I will b missing him.  I work one day a week.  fighting depresssion and anxiety/panic attacks,on Anfranil and Xanax now.  Just a vent Thanks.

by on Mar. 31, 2013 at 9:53 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
reindeer-c
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:15 AM
1 mom liked this

You need a break. Do you have anyone nearby that could stay with the kids so you can get away for a while? I felt the same way about a month ago and told the hubby I had to get away from the kids before I snapped. I got a few hours to myself and I felt much better. I try not to take the Xanax because it makes me so tired. Hugs.  I hope things get better.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM
1 mom liked this

I get a break once a week and it is so helpful.  I would look up resources for kids on the autism spectrum and see what type of help you can get.  I too get exhausted and feel out of sorts after a panic attack.

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 8:13 AM
1 mom liked this

try to get some more relaxation time in there. with him going back to school you should be able to. xanax is good for anxiety but you might want to try meditation or visual imaging to go along with it. good luck momma.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 11:07 AM
1 mom liked this

*hugs*

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:37 PM

Thank you.  When I need to,I take Xanax .25 or .5mg,and I do just fall asleep.   I am also on Xanax 1 mg Extended release/at night,I have been on that for yrs.   LOL I doubt that even does anything anymore. The fast release Xanax is as needed, I only take that when my panic is so bad.a few times a wk.

Quoting reindeer-c:

You need a break. Do you have anyone nearby that could stay with the kids so you can get away for a while? I felt the same way about a month ago and told the hubby I had to get away from the kids before I snapped. I got a few hours to myself and I felt much better. I try not to take the Xanax because it makes me so tired. Hugs.  I hope things get better.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 1:43 PM

Quoting lyrick24:

try to get some more relaxation time in there. with him going back to school you should be able to. xanax is good for anxiety but you might want to try meditation or visual imaging to go along with it. good luck momma.

Thank You!  I dropped DS off at school at 9am and am free tilll 3:30p.  I did rel;ax w/grocery shopping:)  LOL I'm gonna take an hr nap then go pick him up.  He only stays up a few hrs b4 bedtime.  and DH will be here till 10pm so I am all set.  Last day of spring break yest for him I guess I just had had enough.

cmissamy
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:17 PM
1 mom liked this

Big Hugs to you

nai_ryoku
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 8:16 AM
1 mom liked this
My youngest doesn't have autism but he's always on the move and gets into EVERYTHING. Here's an example: he's two and he can open my child-proof prescription meds bottles! Always up to something if he isn't napping and man is he exhausting! Lol It's wonderful that you and your DH have such a wonderful relationship w/ your autistic son :) Hang in there!
SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:03 AM

Thank you!  DS can open c child proof anything.  He is soo fast,he colored our guest rm walls w/permannet marker drawings,regularly flooded the bathroom by overflowing the sink(we shut that water off0,has cut his own hair several times(he can find the hidden scissors),dumped concentrated laundry detergent liquid a few times(vinegar helps clean that up),on and on:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)