Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

New to this group and need support

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 6 Replies

I lost my job last week. Very sad and depressed. Even more despressed not taking care of my only child. I am not playing with her to reading books with her.

Just not doing anything, sitting in front of computer. Eating, sleeping.

I wanted to do exercise, play with my daughter, start my business or start looking for job.

why i am like this---depressed lossing my job and just thinking about it how failure i am.

Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:00 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 12:15 PM

im sorry you lost your job. that causes alot of stress because usually it is such a big part of our lives. also working is good for you and your self worth. you mentioned you wanted to start you own business. why not take this opportunity to try and do it. you never know what will happen. if it doesnt work out you can always find a better job than what you had. spend some time doing something you like. go outside and get some fresh air and take your little one with you. i hope everything works out for you. just dont give up!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:46 PM

*hugs*

have you started looking into a new job?

childofGod995
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 4:31 PM

first of all, get off the computer and stop overeating. your child needs your attention. get a hold of a doctor to get you on meds and perhaps you can join a support group also. there are always more jobs out there. you also need a therapist to help you with your depression. sleeping does not accomplish anything. been there, done that, and it is not a place to be.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:08 PM

I am sorry you lost your job.  I hope something comes your way soon.  I know how you feel not having a job.  I have been looking for one for 5 years or so, and I know my lack of getting one is my age, and the length of time I have been out of work.  What type of business are you starting?  This is probably a great time to start putting alot of your efforts into it.  Maybe this is a blessing in disguise.  Chin up - I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 - Original Poster on Apr. 2, 2013 at 9:40 AM

Thank you all. I am thinking of starting or atleast trying finding where to start. and for earning i will look part time. I dont know, let me try.

newoldmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:22 PM

It's ok and seems even normal to me to feel depressed and deflated after a job loss. Do try to find the some strength to do at least one actiity with your child each day, even if you just "fake it" and go thru the motions, for her sake. Kids pick up on emotions more than people realize. I have been battling depression and anxiety for over a decade now, and it can start with something like this. Or you may just need a chance to recharge, dust yourself back off and get back out there again My best suggestion would be to make an appointment to see your primary care doctor and just tell him what you told us. He may have some good suggestions and/or want you to try  medication, even if it is just temporary, so you can get alittle help "picking yourself back up again."

Please take it from me, sitting alone, hiding, eating, wanting to sleep all the time....it just makes the cycle worse. It  makes you crave wanting to continue hiding from life and your daughter.

You sound like a wonderful, smart woman and mother. You are NOT a failure. Life has moments that knock us all down in the dirt. There is no shame or failure her. You let yourself have a little time to lick your wounds, now work on healing them and becoming stronger than ever. This is a wonderful group. They have helped me a lot, just by being here and listening. I am always looking for some good friends. If you want to talk, just friend me. I am on CM a lot, and always answer my friends.Want to talk about your feeling, great....want a good cupcake receipe, that's good too.

Whatever you do, listen to the other wonderful women here. They know a lot.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)