Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Stressing out big time!

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
  • 7 Replies

My friend at work is pregnant and I am taking over her job while she's out on maternity leave. I am terrified that her job is going to be way too hard and I won't be able to do it. We've barely started training, so hopefully one we get into it that won't be the case, but I have been having such terrible anxiety about it. We have until May 17th to figure it out so wish me luck!

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 2:59 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 3:56 PM

good luck! i know you can do it!

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Good luck.  Have faith in yourself.  It will probably end up being easier than you think.  Just think, you may end up getting more experience and enjoy having another skill to add to your resume.

Tracys2
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 7:56 PM

You can do it- it'll be a lot at first, but you're bright and you'll learn new skills and become a more valuable employee-- this could be great for your career!

ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:29 AM
Good luck mama, you can do it!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:57 AM

thanks ladies! I think we are going to try to do some training today! Just need to remember to take really good notes!

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:24 PM

Something makes me think you'll be ok.  I'm sure people at work will be understanding that this is new for you.  It could be a real chance to shine. Yeah & getting in enough run through chances at the more critical things she does will be helpful. I used to stress out when the payroll gal would go on vacation & I'd have to that.   Not sure how comfortable you'd feel with calling her, but she might actually appreciate a phone call with a question or two when she's at home dealing with a new baby, and she could use a confidence boost.

sprinkles9112
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:26 PM

You'll be okay! Just try to relax and do what you can and ask for help when you need it! Good luck :) 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)