Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

postpartum anyone?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
  • 26 Replies
?
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 5:55 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
CatherineNewton
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 9:28 PM

as in depression or just had a baby?

SHEMEKIA
by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:34 PM
Depression

Quoting CatherineNewton:

as in depression or just had a baby?

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:38 AM

i had ppd after my first child and it was so rough. back then they didnt recognize ppd like they do now so i had to go unmedicated. i was psychotic. it took me about six months to get over. it was so awful. i surprised i survived it.

tlbmrf
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:10 AM
Yep dealing with it now. Actually at a low point today. A lot of things bothering me a lot. Today I can't stand her crying. I'm on meds but they don't help all the time
SHEMEKIA
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:24 AM
What b0thers y0u.

Quoting tlbmrf:

Yep dealing with it now. Actually at a low point today. A lot of things bothering me a lot. Today I can't stand her crying. I'm on meds but they don't help all the time

tlbmrf
by Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:33 AM
Working, leaving her for the hours I have to work, dh working a lot of hours lately. Don't get me wrong I love my daughter but she is sick and needs a lot of care. After I had her I lost so many of my friends. But I have mixed emotions with dealing with her as I'm happy she's here I'm morning the loss of her twin.

Quoting SHEMEKIA:

What b0thers y0u.

Quoting tlbmrf:

SHEMEKIA
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:49 PM
I stress bout the pains i have sometimes an i always be worried an cryin bout wht goes on around me when i have pains i cry an be ready to go to the doc. I been this way since i was 5 or 6 months pregnant wit my second bby really wasnt prepared for her got pregnant with her when my one year old as 10mths. my mom an the doctor tells me stress an being depress will make me ache. i am the first to have to kids out of my mom 7kids an i am the third oldest. My first baby way born in 2011 an the secnd one 2013. My mom tells me to jux pray.

My 2 oldest sisters dont know how it feel to have kids an be stressn alot.

An i dont get out dont go no where but to the store doctor an back home with my kids. Ppl say i need to start gettn out more but i have never been the type to go out an party an all that but my sisters is that type.
dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:57 PM

I had it bad after both my kids were born and was hospitalized for a month each time, it was horrible.  The second time for me was worse bc I attempted suicide and then the doctors at the hospital pressured me into having shock treatments which only made things worse not better.  If you need someone to talk to who understands please feel free to pm me.

SHEMEKIA
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:11 PM
What was yu depressed about how did you feel?

Quoting dizzy77702:

I had it bad after both my kids were born and was hospitalized for a month each time, it was horrible.  The second time for me was worse bc I attempted suicide and then the doctors at the hospital pressured me into having shock treatments which only made things worse not better.  If you need someone to talk to who understands please feel free to pm me.

KristenFowles
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:12 PM

I went through awful post partum psychosis after my 3rd.. It lasted over a year..  I had my tubes tied because of it. 

There is no way to be a perfect mother, and a million ways to be a good one.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)