Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Interesting...

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
  • 11 Replies

I got home, feeling real anxious. My son is so sweet, but a lot of times I'm not in the mood for the hugs and kisses. He'll tell me how much he loves me ALL the time, and sometimes I have nothing to say back. I get sad about it. Its such an empty feeling. But through prayer and God's strength, I make it.

So, I fixed my son dinner, and then he wanted to go outside to play catch. I tried to get him to play with his friends, but he wanted to play with me (he's so sweet). So, as soon as we got outside to play catch, why did all of those depressive and empty thoughts go away? Then, my neighbor and her son came outside, and we simply had a good play time.

Amazing...and this I know, because just about everytime my son and I are outside being active, it's a good time; yet, I won't do it often...smh

by on Apr. 1, 2013 at 10:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ashleighmama
by Ashleigh on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:25 AM
1 mom liked this
Im sad to say, Im often the same way. I have 2 boys, 14 and 8, and my 8 yr old is a mamas boy. I adore them both to death, but it wasnt too long ago when my 8 yr old ALWAYS wanted to be with me, all over me and playing with me. The playing part I just sometimes wasnt into, thats what depression does to us. But once I DO start playing with him, I enjoy it and forget all about my depression. Im so glad you had a good time today. Hugs :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 5:35 AM
1 mom liked this

getting outside just naturally makes us feel better but sometimes its hard to get the motivation to get out. dont worry about being all kissy with your son all the time because you show him in other ways you love him. he sounds like a wonderful boy and you have done a good job raising him. im glad he loves you so much. i have a close bond with my son also.

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:41 AM

Nice. That's neat that your neighbor joined in too. Good reminder that at these younger ages they do crave moms attention & that its important to spend that time having lighter moments with your kiddos.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 2, 2013 at 10:46 AM
1 mom liked this

I'm glad you had a good time!

When I left work yesterday I was soooo tired I could barely keep my eyes open. But, when I got home, the sun was shining, and I actually stayed outside and got the duck pen built and mowed the side pasture. Not as fun as playing with the kiddo, but it made me feel good to get out.

deltathree
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:50 AM

Sometimes, it's really hard.  Being outside really helps me.  Hugs.

newoldmommy
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM

I have had similar experiences. Outdoors isn't my favorite thing, but I definitely understand the concept. There are times when I know hubby, daughter, and I MUST go out either the 3 of us or (sarcastic here) even better, with more of the family too. Getting me out of the house is like prying a cat's fingernails off the walll as you try to take it for a bath. I am SURE it is goingto be horrible and i am going to be anxious and miserable. Then, most times (90%) once I get out I have a decent and even fun time.And I am lucky that my hubby will try to make sure that we include something in the outing that I enjoy. It can be as simple as him stopping for gas and getting me packet of sweetarts or something....it just says I know he is trying to make it a pleasant day for me.

Although I will admit, and my husband knows it, I have a really hard time doing what i call "FFT- fun family togetherness" several days in a row. I need breaks in between. So holidays are always a big stressor because I can't do xmas eve togetherness, xmas day togetherness, and hey let all eat leftover together the day after xmas, which then starts the talk of new years eve and new years day. There is not enough will power or medication in the world for me to get thru 3-5 days of togetherness.

gonecrazi
by Silver Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 6:29 PM
1 mom liked this

my ds (11) makes me laugh so hard.I can be so upset and overwhelmed then he says something and I laugh and forget every thing else

dancingthrulife
by Bronze Member on Apr. 2, 2013 at 7:25 PM
1 mom liked this

its the trap of depression my dear. i am free in the air the out doors too. embarrassedsometimes alli wanna do is out doors wven in the cold. never mind the coat and mittens and all that..you must make it number one to go out and get sun more. so God can touch you more deepy..;p hugging

AMY
BF mama to 4...Ivy-Rose 8 Arwinn 7 Lily-Anna 2 and Clara 6 months old.
ChgIsGood2012
by on Apr. 2, 2013 at 11:01 PM

Hey! It's a different kind of fun, but just as productive and good, glad you enjoyed yourself too :-)

Quoting leahbeah143:

I'm glad you had a good time!

When I left work yesterday I was soooo tired I could barely keep my eyes open. But, when I got home, the sun was shining, and I actually stayed outside and got the duck pen built and mowed the side pasture. Not as fun as playing with the kiddo, but it made me feel good to get out.

nai_ryoku
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 7:26 AM

I'm the same way. I'm not the type of mom to go out w/ my kids and actually play w/ them. I feel bad.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)