Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Eating Disorders

Posted by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
  • 5 Replies
Hey everyone I'm new here, I'm a 23yr old mom of two & I have an eating disorder I have been battling with this illness for the past 10yrs of my life & I finally just c came out of the closet o guess you could say about it. Only very few people know about my sickness . I am ready to recover but old habits die hard. My boyfriend of 8yrs is my biggesy supporter, my parents have no idea, where not really close. Anyways I was hopping to get some support & advice & if anyone has been down this road before or is currently on the same journey I am. This is going to be one of the hardest things I've ever done. And it would nice to meet someone like me, so I know im not alone or crazy ... Thank you for reading.
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:15 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 3, 2013 at 11:35 AM

i dont have an eating disorder but i think therapy would help you alot.

mypitusadoll
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM

I am glad you are reaching out and looking for help. You are not alone! There are others suffering in silence. Your courage to share your need is a great start. I agree that talking to a counselor may give you some direction. You can call Focus on the Family counseling at 1-855-771-4357, I am associated with this organization. They have a team of licensed counselors that would be happy to speak with you over the phone at no charge. I also want to recommend the book: "Hope, Help, and Healing For Eating Disorders" by Gregory L Jantz. You are on the right path. I will be praying for you. God is able to heal you and give you a new start. I will send a private message. Sending you a hug.

childofGod995
by on Apr. 3, 2013 at 2:44 PM
1 mom liked this

my first thing i would suggest would be to see a nutritionist. another suggestion would be to get good tips from http://www.sparkpeople.com/. there is one team there that is cold TOPS friends. they are a good support system. you may even have a group in your area that could help. trust me, you are not alone or crazy.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 3, 2013 at 3:34 PM

I don't have any advice, but here's a hug!

matreshka
by on Apr. 4, 2013 at 6:56 AM
I agree qorh seeing a nutritionist. I had a period of time where I restricted my eating as a teen I think BC of myms abuse. I learned eating disorders are really about control.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)