Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

just when

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:59 AM
  • 7 Replies

So yesterday was a rough day... I had a friend over (which was nice) but by mid day my head was pounding, I felt sick to my stomach and i was down right done... my DH gets out of work and he goes and gets a hair cut (had me drop him off whiile i ran an errand).. so i pick him up dragging ass. squinting (because my eyes are light sensitive during a migraine) and i say "babe can we just get mcdonalds for supper?".. his answer, quick and easy "nope"... oh so yup I am pissed.. I am evidently in pain (and if he couldnt see it after seven years of being together he is blind!)  we get home (now mind you my friend is still over), and i pull out hamburg for burritos (to defrost) as its in the microvwave on defrost he asks for the pizza places number, i have no freakin idea LOL.. i told him i was in the process of making supper once the hamburg defrosts, he says i dont care and orders pizza... im like umm hello i said i was cooking supper.. hes like i know this house is a mess and i figured id save you the extra dishes so you can clean the house tomorrow.. i almost lost it.. whether it was to hit him for being ignorant or cry because yes the houes IS a mess and NO im not up to cleaning it right now, but i know id stay up half the night to just clean the house and with a migraine that sux.. anyhow, i took my friend home, came home had supper got my daughter ready for bed and layed down trying to soothe my head.. (all at 6pm)... before i know it im waking up to my alarm clock! its now 630 AM... i stumble out of my room and OMG the house IS CLEAN!!!!!!!!!!! my husband took it upon himself to clean the house because i wasnt feeling well :) just when I think he has lost all his marbles by making me feel bad for taking a sick day, he really showed me he really does still get it and still cares :) KUDOS to the man I love and married for always having my back :)

by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:08 AM
1 mom liked this

that was so sweet of him. im glad he recognized that you were ill and decided to help out.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 8:15 AM
2 moms liked this

That's great he finally realized you weren't feeling good. Sometimes it takes them a bit ;)

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

well that worked out good. I'd have been irked (probably more than irked) about the whole dinner fiasco. Glad he took care of the house. There is absolutely nothing wrong with a man running the vacuum every now & then.

lovegrandbaby
by Bronze Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 2:32 PM
1 mom liked this

Lucky you!  Glad your dh cared enough and was so thoughtful.

mikala76
by Michelle on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:24 AM
Wow. This is one of those stories I love reading. You do have a good husband, and I am so happy that you can see that. I think there are way to many marriages that take there significant others for granted. I think if we all just told our spouses thank you, and forgave them for their shortcomings there would be fewer divorces. When I get depressed, and suicidal, I can't even bathe let alone clean the house, or cook. So my so will do all of that for me, and bathe me. You are very lucky.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
icn_mom
by on Apr. 8, 2013 at 7:44 AM

oh I am very lucky.. my husband is one very amazing sweet guy who truly loves me, and reminds me in even very small ways :) it sounds like you married an amazing man as well :)

Quoting mikala76:

Wow. This is one of those stories I love reading. You do have a good husband, and I am so happy that you can see that. I think there are way to many marriages that take there significant others for granted. I think if we all just told our spouses thank you, and forgave them for their shortcomings there would be fewer divorces. When I get depressed, and suicidal, I can't even bathe let alone clean the house, or cook. So my so will do all of that for me, and bathe me. You are very lucky.

mikala76
by Michelle on Apr. 8, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this
I do have an amazing husband. Not once has he complained about me being ill. We are two lucky ladies:)

Quoting mikala76:

Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)