Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

The hardest parts

Posted by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
  • 4 Replies

Mobile Photo

You look at this pic and what do you see?

You see a happily family, loving parents, cute kids....
What you don't see was my depression.
It's so hard when people find out that Ive been diagnosed with depression cause the first thing out of there mouths is....
"Why? What's wrong? I thought everything was good..."

How do you explain being depressed for absolutely NO reason.
It's hard for me to wrap my head around much less explain it to someone else.
I just knew my husband and my kids deserved better than a mom who couldn't be bothered with them.

I'm lucky enough to have a husband who has gone through this and it's completely understanding and supportive.
I know there will be tough days still but I'm on my way to making it better and taking one day at a time.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 10:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Tracys2
by on Apr. 5, 2013 at 12:49 PM

That's wonderful that you are working on it and it' sgetting better. Mine is for no reason too, and the guilt is tough

Serenity7
by Silver Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 4:27 PM

Unless a person had been in the situation. They don't understand

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 6:06 PM

just explain to them you have a chemical imbalance in your brain that caused you to have depression. just like a diabetic doesnt produce enough insulin so they have to take something to keep it regulated. you have a beautiful family. it sounds like you are on the right track and im glad your husband is supportive. that makes all the difference in the world. good luck momma!

flowrsgalore
by Bronze Member on Apr. 5, 2013 at 9:03 PM

For me only the very closest people have any inkling that I have depression.  I just have no desire to reveal or explain that to people.  hmm except here on the internet, but this seems anonymous.  Now the anxiety, there is just no fooling anyone about that.  I constantly beat myself up b/c most people would look at my life & think I'm a horrendous whiner to not be happy.  I have so many things to be grateful for.  That's good that you are working on it for your families sake & your own.  Good luck you sound like someone who really is making progress with this.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN