Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Laid off and Bipolar

Posted by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
  • 3 Replies

I was laid off and lost my insurance.  I am unable to afford one of the medications used to treat my bipolar disorder.  Tonight, I have having a really hard time.  The wall of depression has come back and all I want to do is cry.  Has anyone else had a similar problem?  What did you do to help with the depression?

by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
HollyBerry1013
by on Apr. 6, 2013 at 3:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Conta t the drug company for Ur medication. Sometimes they will discount it . I'm bipolar and I can't function without my meds. I'd be calling the company or any assistance program out there. Best of luck
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 6:46 AM

Can you apply for COBRA to cover the gap. Also (and not to get into a political debate) I thought "obamacare" was supposed to prevent people from losing coverage they need.

You could also try applying for medicaid.

I am bipolar and I know having the right meds are key, but could you talk to your doc about getting cheaper meds?

lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 6, 2013 at 8:54 AM
do you have a free clinic in your area or a mental health clinic? sometimes they can help you get your meds. also it wouldnt hurt to check with a pharmacist to see if there are any programs you could apply for that would give you assistance. if that doesnt work maybe they could change your med to a more affordable one.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN