Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

citalopram

Anonymous
Posted by Anonymous
  • 4 Replies
Anyone take this? I just started this med on Friday. Just wondering if i need to use bc or not. I don't really plan on conceiving right now but I'm not on bc. I just had a miscarriage March 15. So i still need time to heal. My SO is always away working for weeks at a time that's why no bc. I don't want to use the pill or anything... well i guess I'm really trying to ask is if its safe while trying to conceive or pregnancy. Even tho we aren't trying i just want to know. Sorry if this doesn't make since.
Posted by Anonymous on Apr. 9, 2013 at 12:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:17 AM

i dont know if that is one of the meds you can take when you are pregnant or not. i would use some sort of protection while i was on it though. it is a good drug for depression. i just got off of it because it stopped working for me which mine do after a while and am on its sister drug, lexapro. you could ask your dr if it is safe to take during pregnancy.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:31 AM
1 mom liked this

What my doc told me is that no medication (or herbal suppliment) is 100% safe for pregnancy.  Maybe take some time to wait to concieve and try things like therapy.

SandyLaxner
by Bronze Member on Apr. 9, 2013 at 7:55 PM

I took Lexapro and my DS 6yo was diagnosed at age 2 w/Autism.  Connection?  Who knows.  But lawyers are on TV and in magazines advertising"If you took SSRI's while pregnant and your child has Autism"...

EmCraig
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 11:07 PM
I took citalopram while breastfeeding, but I'm not sure if it's safe while pregnant. I would use some form of protection until you find out for sure. You can ask your doctor or just talk to the pharmacist next time you pick up your meds. Good luck!
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN