Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Need help

Posted by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
  • 2 Replies
I am starting to feel like a bad mom again. It feels like I have to choose between my two kids. For example it feels like if I want time with my daughter I have to give up time with my son and if I want time with my son I have to give up time with my daughter. It doesn't feel fair to them or me. Yesterday was actually a great day we weren't at home we were in another town for the day and I got time with both of my kids all day and had them both around me all day which was nice. Most days at home though if I have my son my daughter is usually in the back or someone else has to take her away from me and get her distracted or she try's to climb into my lap when I am holding brother which can hurt him. Sometimes I have to have someone take the baby out of my arms so Lexi won't climb into my lap and sit on him. Usually when that happens I have only has him for a few minutes before someone has to take him. Right now I am holdin my son and my daughter is in the back with my mom since my fiancé is sleeping and I can't hold Leo withou Lexi wanting to climb on top of him. I miss my daughter and the tho ga she does. I really want to be a SAHM but right now that seems impossible since I can't seem to care for both kids at the same time. And I am being seven pushed by everyone to go back to work even though I don't want to. My fiancé kind of wants me to be a SAHM but he is t really putting in the effort to go back to work so I have been aphing everywhere I can so at least one of us is working but I am really hoping and praying that I don't get hired anywhere and can stay with my kids. But my fame in general is putting a lot of pressure on me to go back to work and idk how to tell them that I don't want to go back and that I don't feel cape able of going back to work.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:08 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
lyrick24
by Group Admin on Apr. 9, 2013 at 1:32 PM
1 mom liked this

when you have more than one child you usually have to split your time between them. as long as you are giving each of them time each day you are doing the right thing. but it sounds like your husband does not want to work. im going off of previous posts also. sorry, i mean your bf and if he doesnt one of you has to to take care of the kids.i would stay on his back to get a job.so you can  stay at home. it would be good for your kids if you did. also get on pa there.

matreshka
by on Apr. 9, 2013 at 2:12 PM
1 mom liked this

I think its a period of adjustment. You just had your second child so allow yourself time to adjust and go easy on yourself.  If you can, maybe look for temporary public assistance while you look for work to take the stress off.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)