Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

Loneliness

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
  • 40 Replies
Does anyone else feel lonely even though your kids are with you... I feel so lonely when my hubby goes to work... Idk if it has to with not knowing anyone here... Or if its because I don't think I'm doing my job good enough... Or if its because I feel sooooo distant from my kids... It sucks and I'm sick of getting down over it...
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 9:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Tracys2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM

All the time. My husband doesn't help either. I feel a lot like you. It's VERY common symptom or cause of depression.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:25 AM

all the time.

nenitaxamorosa
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 10:26 AM
i feel the same way :( i love spending time with my son but often i feel bored & lonely , my husband works & my so called friends dont talk to me or visit me :(
SpencerMom617
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 11:58 AM
It truly sucks... Glad to hear I'm not the only one... I've been feeling bad about it because it didn't think it was right to feel that way with my kids...
Tracys2
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:13 PM

Love my kids, but even the ones who speak clearly and undertand time, aren't and shouldn't be friends the same a adults

Mommy2be0602
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Your not the only one that feels like that at times i feel lonely and very sad wanting to cry my boyfirend doesnt know how i feel at times well really know one does know that i feel like that :/
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 12:37 PM

Yes, I feel very lonely when my husband is at work.  I try to bring my son to play groups but still I get lonely.

childofGod995
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:06 PM

it just feels good to be around adult communication and not just child communication.

Cassidysmom611
by Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:19 PM

I do , quite often.

I am currently w/o a car and my girls are in school all day. 

I have a history of cutting but had been good for a few months, but this week has brought me back to old habits. I totally understand how you feel. 

AleaKat
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 1:21 PM
It's hard!
All my family and friends are over 12 hours away.
I've just now started making a couple of friends in the area. Getting out of the house does a world of good.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN