Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

what to expect on Zoloft. tell me about your experiences *UPDATE*

Posted by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
  • 25 Replies

Im taking my first pill tonight before i go to sleep and im curious what to expect. Am i going to feel really loopy and out of it? I do have to be up tomorrow morning around 630 and drive myself to work (which is very close) and basically be functional for at least 8hrs..

They were prescribed to me a while ago, Ive just always been nervous taking pills so i never took them, the depression has gotten so bad that I cant seem to go through my day without bursting into tears, even now sitting at my desk at work, my eyes are blurry.

Do they really make you feel better? I know its not a magic pill, but I am taking them along with therapy sessions.

any advice or experiences would be welcome

*UPDATE*

I took my first pill last night at 8:30pm, i was told i could take it with or without food but to be safe i forced down half a carls jr cheeseburger (that was the only thing i had eaten all day) went to bed around 9pm.. woke up and 11 and started violently throwinig up. so much for that burger, it was basically a bunch of stomach acid coming up cuz my throat was on fire.. threw up one more time before i fell asleep for good. Woke up this morning and i feel sort of out of it. didnt really put much effort into getting ready for work.. I feel a little drugged.  Is vomiting a normal reaction? does my body just have to get used to the medication? cuz it kinda scares me off taking another one tonight.

by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
AleaKat
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:18 PM
I'm on the generic form if Zoloft and it made me kinda "flu tired" for the first hour or so but after that I feel great. Your not loopy or hyper or anything ya just feel balanced. I've been on it for a few weeks but even that first pill made me feel so much moreover myself again.

I have to tell you though.
My first pill was I. The middle if the day and it made me tired so the next day I waited it out till night time and took it before bed.
After I reached the 24 he mark of taking it and started coming down from it I ft 10 times worse than I did before I started taking it cause I'd been feeling so much better for a day.
Coming down off it sucks.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:32 PM

i took zoloft with my first episode of depression and it worked fine for me. i didnt have any side effects and i did feel alot better.good luck!

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

The only bad side effect I had with zoloft was no sex drive, which didn't matter because I was single. What I didn't like was having no feelings at all. I didn't care about anything and it just started to get really hard.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:35 PM

Quoting AleaKat:

Coming down off it sucks.

yes it does!!

bunnyxlover
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:37 PM

Thanks, thats good to know.

Im hoping the first pill makes me feel as good as you did. I was afraid i wouldnt be functional the next day

bunnyxlover
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM

is that a common effect? I've heard that in the past, that people just tend to feel numb. Im pretty sure I'm seeing the same effect on my bf. he doesnt seem to "feel" anything 

Quoting leahbeah143:

The only bad side effect I had with zoloft was no sex drive, which didn't matter because I was single. What I didn't like was having no feelings at all. I didn't care about anything and it just started to get really hard.

sprinkles9112
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:38 PM
I'm on the generic. I haven't felt any side effects other than feeling better. Good luck! Hope it works the same for you!
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:44 PM

It shouldn't make you loopy but if you are afraid of that can you start it the night before a day off?

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 10, 2013 at 2:48 PM
1 mom liked this

Quoting bunnyxlover:

Thanks, thats good to know.

Im hoping the first pill makes me feel as good as you did. I was afraid i wouldnt be functional the next day

you might not even feel a difference for a couple weeks.

AleaKat
by on Apr. 10, 2013 at 3:39 PM
It is a common effect that you do t reach orgasm as easily. I haven't heard the sex drive thing though.

Quoting bunnyxlover:

is that a common effect? I've heard that in the past, that people just tend to feel numb. Im pretty sure I'm seeing the same effect on my bf. he doesnt seem to "feel" anything 

Quoting leahbeah143:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)