Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

panic/anxiety?

Posted by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
  • 7 Replies

I've been battling depression since I was 9.  The last few months, I think I've had some anxiety attacks but I'm not really positive.  I don't know what it feels like or any signs/symptoms.  People have told me "oh, you'll feel anxious."  The only anxious I've really ever felt is the thrill of something, never anything bad.  I really can't explain it.  But, I can say that lately when I get really mad about something, even the smallest things, I start shaking and feeling like my head is going to fly off.  My husband was helping me with the dishes the other day, he put something away moved back and stepped on my foot.  I blew up like the world was coming to an end.  My 3 year old, if she doesn't pick up her toys or do something I've asked her to do I completey lose it.  She REALLY likes to walk in front of me when I'm in a hurry and the more I tell her to go go go the sloooooower she goes and it pisses me off to no damn end!  I've been soooo frustrated with everything lately, I've had a lot of stress lately and I really just want to hurt someone.  SERIOUSLY HURT SOMEONE!  I hate feeling this way, and I take my medication every day religiously, I've tried going to church and didn't feel any different whatsoever, I just don't know what to do!  I just wonder if its any signs or symptoms of anxiety.  I have a wonderful doctor who listens to every word I say and treats me like a human being, but he just tells me I need to eliminate some stress in my life and relax.  HOW THE HELL DOES ONE RELAX?!  My husband works 55 hours a week, sometimes more, I work 40 (not allowed to have overtime) and we're still struggling with our bills.  I can't relax thinking that something is going to get shut off.

sad

Meryl

by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 1:22 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
childofGod995
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 2:06 AM

first you need to go over your bills and see if there are things that you can eliminate. do you have a therapist that you can talk to about these problems with stress and anxiety? journaling is also a go od thing to do to help you out. another thing is exercise. another thing to learn to deal with your emotions is http://www.dbtselfhelp.com/. a lot of people have gone on it and it definitely helps. i myself do a lot of praying.

Instructions

Breathe deeply and consciously. Take a deep breath in through your nose and hold it for several seconds. Exhale deeply through your mouth with a soft "ah" sound.

Get up and get away. Oftentimes, stress is caused by a flight or fight reaction. If you can get away you can relieve some of the stress. And taking a walk will help ease the tension as well.

Read more: How to Destress Quickly | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_2285244_destress-quickly.html#ixzz2QJx16aAw

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:14 AM

I've been on meds that have made me really edgy like that, more like ragey. Did this start when you started the medication you are on?

mommieto2t2
by on Apr. 13, 2013 at 9:15 AM

I suffer from panic attacks.  I've had times of feeling like I was just spinning.  But usually, I just get this anxious feeling that just comes over me. I start finding it hard to breathe and start to hyper ventialate.  Yes, the mood can also come from the anxiety or the result of depression.  I have started going to a mindful meditation group at my cancer center.  The first visit I felt annoyed but after that I did find that it helped.  Learning a breathing method will also help.  You can buy CD's on this type of meditation.  I take xanax but would rather not so I'm looking for alternate methods.   

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 13, 2013 at 7:17 PM

Your heart beats very fast and feel sick to your stomach, sometimes sweating.  Try soaking in an episom salt bath, deep breathing, walk around the block, yoga helps too. Hang in there!!

yrubxaslyrem
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:44 PM

The stuff I'm on now I've been on since December and I feel pretty good for the most part.  But lately even taking it I feel like it doesn't last very long.  I've tried breaking my pills in half and taking one in the morning and the other in the afternoon but it doesn't work.  My daughter is 3 and every time we leave somewhere she's been throwing herself on the floor and screaming because she doesn't want to leave.  And she hit one of her friends 3 days in a row at daycare.  But the whole temper tantrum thing has really had me on edge the last few weeks.  It takes everything I have to keep my cool.  I'm at the point right now where I hate being around her because I can't tolerate her tantrums and I'm afraid of losing it. :-s

Quoting matreshka:

I've been on meds that have made me really edgy like that, more like ragey. Did this start when you started the medication you are on?

Meryl

AkashaGermaine
by Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 10:54 PM
What you are having is a type of anxiety attack, not a panic attack. These are what I have. Its like the stress just builds until the cork pops out of the bottle then I have uncontrollable emotional outbursts. Angry, sad, melancholy. I feel them all and all at once. Sometimes I can talk myself down, other times I need help either through my dh or a pill (I take buspar). The last time I felt so broken and overwhelmed I almost drove off in my car, a big bad no no for me. I'm not allowed to drive when I'm like that because my brain literally turns off. My son is 18 months old so I understand dealing with temper tantrums and have been known to give myself a time out. Five minutes of deep breathing and a cup of decaf work wonders for me. Wish you luck.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 7:25 AM

My youngest is 2 1/2. I can relate to the temper tantrums and feeling the anxiety build up.

Quoting yrubxaslyrem:

The stuff I'm on now I've been on since December and I feel pretty good for the most part.  But lately even taking it I feel like it doesn't last very long.  I've tried breaking my pills in half and taking one in the morning and the other in the afternoon but it doesn't work.  My daughter is 3 and every time we leave somewhere she's been throwing herself on the floor and screaming because she doesn't want to leave.  And she hit one of her friends 3 days in a row at daycare.  But the whole temper tantrum thing has really had me on edge the last few weeks.  It takes everything I have to keep my cool.  I'm at the point right now where I hate being around her because I can't tolerate her tantrums and I'm afraid of losing it. :-s

Quoting matreshka:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN