Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

addiction

Posted by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM
  • 16 Replies

has anyone else turned to drugs or alcohol or both to escape depression?

by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 7:59 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 8:09 AM
1 mom liked this

i havent but my daughter is just getting out of rehab today for drug addiction. she was taking a prescribed med that she got addicted to and she wanted to get off. are you thinking of self-medicating? it is a common thing. you need to go to a psych. dr and get the right meds to take so you dont have to do that. it will only cause more problems. go to meetings in your area for na and aa and get some help. if you are not doing that then that is good.

leahbeah143
by Leah on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:23 AM

no, but I know many people that have!

123proudmom1234
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:46 AM
I have been drinking more
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
ChgIsGood2012
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 2:12 PM
I have, weed and alcohol. It's a temporary solution, but I know it doesn't fix it.
childofGod995
by on Apr. 15, 2013 at 5:29 PM
3 moms liked this

i use to but now i belong to a Christ centered recovery group that helps me with my depression and i also belong to a Christ centered Mood disorder support group. I can do all things through him who strengthens me.

Anonymous
by Anonymous 1 on Apr. 15, 2013 at 9:38 PM
Me :/ I shoot tequila all day and take vicodin like candy.
Jazzy2010
by Member on Apr. 15, 2013 at 11:50 PM
I definitely drink a lot more now than before. Normally I wait till my boys are in bed before a have a drink.
Anonymous
by Anonymous 2 on Apr. 16, 2013 at 1:51 AM

I did not want to again but I find myself addicted to Vicodin once again and I am starting to get addicted to crystal meth.  It just took the place of cocaine..  But I am in a bad place in my life right now and if I do not get out of here I feel like I am going to end up on the street living under a bridge.  

reindeer-c
by on Apr. 16, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Same here.

Quoting Jazzy2010:

I definitely drink a lot more now than before. Normally I wait till my boys are in bed before a have a drink.

matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 16, 2013 at 7:11 AM

I have in the past. Mostly for anxiety and memories of trauma. I self medicated with alcohol and it got out of  control. I've been sober for years now but it would get really bad. I really did have to hit rock bottom to stop and it wasn't good.

Even though I still struggle now everything is so much better without alcohol in my life.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN