Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Depression Support Center Depression Support Center

I decided to go back to work

Posted by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
  • 4 Replies
I'm currently on disability for my illness and been on disability for 3 yrs now. I went to, two day of orantatation. I'm a certified now as a in home health care worker. I also got my CPR license.

I decided to back to work cuz I wanna do something with my life. My kids are getting older and I just feel its time to start working and maybe I wouldn't be so depressed and stuck in the house. I called s.s and they said I could work 20 hrs a week and they can't touch my ck but if I work more they do a percentage thing. I'm going to ease my way into work pt and if its not to stressful I'll work more and get off s.s.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
by on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:13 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
lyrick24
by Ruby Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 3:51 PM

i hope everything works out for you!

dizzy77702
by Silver Member on Apr. 17, 2013 at 8:58 PM
1 mom liked this
I am also on disability but want to go back to school so I can get a good job. I commend you for going back to work. My voc rehab counselor was actually Surprised that I wanted to get off disability. He must see a lot of people who are happy just receiving benefits but I want to do something with my life and like you being at home depresses me.
Posted on the NEW CafeMom Mobile
matreshka
by Ruby Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 8:58 AM

That is wonderful news! I too and on SSDI and would lie to eventually get back to work some day. Congrats!

flowrsgalore
oh my poor stomach. Girls scout camp did a number on my guts. I cannot eat like that & be ok. ugh
Yesterday at 11:38 AM
by Bronze Member on Apr. 18, 2013 at 9:35 AM

Good for you! That is awesome that you are going to try.  I don't know if you listen to pod casts but NPR had one recently on disability. I found it interesting but depressing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)